Rochester Show / July 3rd

What a joke to have only three competing corps. I am not going to waste my money and I wonder if the turnout will be smaller this year.

May as well wait until next week in Hornell where you can get much more for the money!

With that kind of attitude, who would want you at the show anyway? Go to the show, support those 3 corps and have fun. Who cares if it isn't a 5+ corps show, these are tough times. Those 3 corps are just as good as the others, they need the support.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allen:

Best wishes to you and the Statesmen for a successful competition season kick-off. Looking forward to seeing the show!

Thanks Tom.... Congrats on the strong start to the season! Look forward to seeing you in Lewisburg! :sad:

What a joke to have only three competing corps. I am not going to waste my money and I wonder if the turnout will be smaller this year.

May as well wait until next week in Hornell where you can get much more for the money!

How sad. You obviously don't understand drum corps. There's so much more to Drum Corps than just the competition.

Also....I thought there were more than three PERFORMING corps at this show.....as many as SEVEN!? (Funny, I thought the new way of thinking going around drum corps these days was that it's no longer about winning.)

I, for one, CRAVE drum corps shows. Can't wait for Saturday!!! Come see what 17 horns (The T-Birds) can do to entertain an audience. (What? ONLY 17 HORNS, YOU SAY!? I won't waste my money on ONLY 17 HORNS!! I'll wait until there's at least 18 before I 'll spend my money :sad: )

I, for one, will continue to put my money down to keep this activity ALIVE!! Go Statesmen!!

ps: If you are short a few bucks for the show, come look me up. I'll be happy to pay your way in, provided you sit right next to ME!! I'll give you a history lesson that'll change your way of thinking about Drum Corps!

Obviously not someone who has spent any time in DCA.

The BEST part about DCA is the comraderie! I have never had so much fun in drum corps than when I was marching and teaching DCA. When I marched and later taught junior corps, all our friends were within the corps and not with members or staff of other corps. In DCA everyone knows everyone. I remember a few years back at the Jamestown show while in the parking lot and Joey Pero comes up to me and we have a conversation and shake hands after we're done. In Kingston DA and I are chatting with Frank Ponzo. The stories go on and on. DCA is the place to be!!!

Hey guardrocks......go to Hornell and enjoy because DCA folks in Rochester will have a great time with whatever corps are there. As my hat says (that I got a Joe's Crab Shack in Orlando) "Bite Me!"

Have a GREAT time in Rochester this Saturday, I'll have a glass of wine for you (private toast to my DCA friends). I turn 50 tomorrow :sad: I'll need to a glass of wine to collect my tears LOL.

How sad. You obviously don't understand drum corps. There's so much more to Drum Corps than just the competition.

Also....I thought there were more than three PERFORMING corps at this show.....as many as SEVEN!? (Funny, I thought the new way of thinking going around drum corps these days was that it's no longer about winning.)

I, for one, CRAVE drum corps shows. Can't wait for Saturday!!! Come see what 17 horns (The T-Birds) can do to entertain an audience. (What? ONLY 17 HORNS, YOU SAY!? I won't waste my money on ONLY 17 HORNS!! I'll wait until there's at least 18 before I 'll spend my money :wub: )

I, for one, will continue to put my money down to keep this activity ALIVE!! Go Statesmen!!

ps: If you are short a few bucks for the show, come look me up. I'll be happy to pay your way in, provided you sit right next to ME!! I'll give you a history lesson that'll change your way of thinking about Drum Corps!

Happy Birthday to you, Keith! 50 ain't so bad......(but 51 really Suxx's!) :wub:

Obviously not someone who has spent any time in DCA.

The BEST part about DCA is the comraderie! I have never had so much fun in drum corps than when I was marching and teaching DCA. When I marched and later taught junior corps, all our friends were within the corps and not with members or staff of other corps. In DCA everyone knows everyone. I remember a few years back at the Jamestown show while in the parking lot and Joey Pero comes up to me and we have a conversation and shake hands after we're done. In Kingston DA and I are chatting with Frank Ponzo. The stories go on and on. DCA is the place to be!!!

Hey guardrocks......go to Hornell and enjoy because DCA folks in Rochester will have a great time with whatever corps are there. As my hat says (that I got a Joe's Crab Shack in Orlando) "Bite Me!"

Have a GREAT time in Rochester this Saturday, I'll have a glass of wine for you (private toast to my DCA friends). I turn 50 tomorrow :sad: I'll need to a glass of wine to collect my tears LOL.

Hey, I thought I made some very nice remarks intertwined with some hopefully constructive critique. Realizing, of course, that anything short of saying "it's the greatest thing since sliced bread", would tend to ruffle some overly sensitive feathers. Have you, or anyone else, seen the videos (they were in 7, minute plus segments)? If so, what do you think...if you dare!

no, because looking at youtube videos in June really doesn't show nearly what I'd want to see...and it's June.

and come on VOR, we know you love to tweak anyone that doesn't have a parrot on their shoulders :thumbup:

ES, wishing you guys a great time this weekend and can't wait to see you later in the summer

Happy Birthday to you, Keith! 50 ain't so bad......(but 51 really Suxx's!) :thumbup:

So does 66 Jeff-Fa-Fa. Anxiously waiting for 69. Just sayin............

I, for one, CRAVE drum corps shows. Can't wait for Saturday!!! Come see what 17 horns (The T-Birds) can do to entertain an audience. (What? ONLY 17 HORNS, YOU SAY!? I won't waste my money on ONLY 17 HORNS!! I'll wait until there's at least 18 before I 'll spend my money :thumbup: )

KUDOS to Mr. Jeff Gibbens for the above quoted statement. Quite out of character for him as he has never said a dispariging (spl. chk) remark about anyone, any Corps'....in the 18 plus years I've known him. His attitude has always been on a positive note no matter the numbers in front of him. It will always be that way. Trust me..........

I agree with the last few posters....any evening you can get out, close to home, and enjoy a drum corps show is a good evening. I'm sure Rochester will be a very well run, well attended, enjoyable and exciting night of drum corps. So...anyone got any predictions??

Edited by VOReason

I agree with the last few posters....any evening you can get out, close to home, and enjoy a drum corps show is a good evening. I'm sure Rochester will be a very well run, well attended, enjoyable and exciting night of drum corps. So...anyone got any predictions??

Yes. Guardrocks101 won't be there. :thumbup: