Rochester Show / July 3rd

Were feet an issue tonight Kevin? I saw some "happy" feet in their dress rehearsal last weekend. But of course, having Duane Dewire on board, feet won't be an issue much longer.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next on the field are the Empire Statesmen from Rochester, New York. Their 2010 program is entitled "Going To Oz" and features:

Wizard of Oz

The Wiz

Wicked

Were feet an issue tonight Kevin? I saw some "happy" feet in their dress rehearsal last weekend. But of course, having Duane Dewire on board, feet won't be an issue much longer.

I didn't notice any issues with the feet. I was pretty happy with their visual overall, in fact.

I didn't notice any issues with the feet. I was pretty happy with their visual overall, in fact.

SWEET! Glad to hear things cleared up. I can't wait for the scores tonight!

Statesmen horns are in the backfield, Side 2 corner, playing the flying monkey march while the Wicked Witch conducts them with her broom. Now she's leading them onto the field while they sing the march. We do have a Dorothy on the field, as well as a Kansas bedroom prop and a Wicked Witch castle prop.

I like the new uniforms. I'll see if I can get a picture or two.

Wow, David doesn't count off the corps any more.

Corps starts backfield with a mello soloist playing a quick quote from There's No Place Like Home.

Big opening Wizard of Oz hit as the horns turn front!

Very strong opening from Statesmen!

To simulate Dorothy and the tornado, she's in the bedroom prop, lying on the bed, as it's spun around.

Now we're into No One Mourns the Wicked. Horns are VERY tight for their first show of the year. I just found my second reason to get the all-age CDs.

Empire Statesmen's uniform backs:

EC20972D-D494-4F00-9F7A-A42F425F7A92-5235-000001554A247412.jpg

Wicked Witch is dead, and David puts on a shiny green jacket. Excuse me, EMERALD. This ain't The Masters, after all.

Drum line is wicked in a good way, very tight playing during their solo.