Really crappy fans.

And speaking of fans, did anyone else notice how "Bando" the crowd sounded at Normal on FN? Lot's of screaming Moms at every hit. Not the "roar of the crowd" kind of approval, just lots of screaming Moms.

Stuck out to me for some reason. Might have been mic placement but it was quite pronounced.

Almost expected cowbells to come out.

You should listen to BD's family night performance. After the opener someone sounds like they are screaming bloody murder. Not WOOOOOO! Not YEAHHHHHHH!!!!! Just AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

(Edit: Not saying said fan was bad, just mentioning the whole pronounced scream thing.)

Edited by UTtrumpetdude

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought VIP Tickets for my wife and I at Allentown for the Cadets June 18th 3 C show. Each ticket got 2 seat spacing; that left holes in the seating pattern (for the small people anyway). I couldn't believe how many people tried to sit in the empty spaces with just general admission tickets. Most of them were middle aged people. There was a young (very young) couple behind and to my left of me. The young man tried out for the Cadets but didn't make it this year.

I had the best conversation with them. They were polite, and even thought he didn't make the brass line, he bought VIP tickets to support his favorite corps.

I would rather spend most of my time talking and listening to the kids that are associated with DCI corps than most of the adults that try to take advantage of every trick to get better seats than they pay for and then talk through the whole show.

Bravo to DCI kids!!

Mitch

Just wait until they start bringing in vuvuzelas.

Edited by HornsUp

crappy fans are better than no fans.

Why?

Why?

Uh, they buy tickets to shows? :rolleyes:

Rude fans are one thing. Critical fans are another.

Hopefully they aren't the same.

The big problem is when there are NO fans to pay for these shows...

Just wait until they start bringing in vuvuzelas.

in the pre show, or on the field of competition ?

Some fans are for using whatever a designer wants to use on the field. Presumably then, vuvuzelas would be fine as well. I'm still confident we won't be hearing vuvuzelas emiting those sounds anytime soon. But it's always a good idea to light candles, cross fingers, etc just to be sure.

Perhaps they knew you were a regular here on DCP and just wanted you to feel comfortable. :)

Well played. Bravo.

And speaking of fans, did anyone else notice how "Bando" the crowd sounded at Normal on FN? Lot's of screaming Moms at every hit. Not the "roar of the crowd" kind of approval, just lots of screaming Moms.

Stuck out to me for some reason. Might have been mic placement but it was quite pronounced.

It is always like that at Normal, the show is packed full of band kids, and it is awesome as a performer.

If every crowd was as responsive as the crowd at Normal a drum corps season would be even more fun than it already is

crappy fans are better than no fans. From the video of the Stanford show, it looks like the audience was pretty sparse.

If it gets to the point where there are no fans, then haven't we all become crappy fans?

inb4 "It's not if it's when."

The name of the corps related to this fan doesn't matter because it wasn't specific to one corps.

So I was at the Madison show last night. A couple who had a kid in one of the competing corps sat in front of me all night. Never applauded or reacted in any positive way to any of the corps, including their kid's corps. Ran down each corps after their performance. They weren't loud and obnoxious about it but it could be heard by those around them.

Why in the world does someone go to a drum corps show just to ##### and look for the negative? At first I thought it was just an ###**** thing towards other corps but not even reacting to your kid's corps? Man, you must be a riot at parties. The funniest thing was that there were other parents/alumni from that corps around them and not.one.person stopped to say hi or pass the time of day or offer encouragemen to their kid. I wonder why?

Just a reminder that the members in ALL the corps need out support to continue to want to perform for us. I cheered loudest for my corps but I cheered and applauded for every.single.corps that performed, no matter their skill levels.

On the one hand I think you're completely correct - on the other I think that it's their loss. We can't design the fans we want - all we can do is run out the best product we can and see the reaction. But since the beginning of time there have been doofusses (don't go telling me about the Dream in Jersey City - that show had it's share too) who go to prove (to each other) how much better they know drum corps (and probably everything else) than anyone else.

As long as they paid for the ticket and can't spill beer or blow smoke on you, not much you can do. If you cheer loud enough no one will hear them.