Mystré issues a challenge.

To all directors of DCPI.

Concerned over the lack of "chatter" on the boards, I have decided to issue a challenge to all of DCPI. Starting today through the entire season, there will be the "Smack of the Week" award issued to the director that lays out the best verbal assault of the week. Awards will be given weekly on Monday to the directors corps, might be a steak dinner (all filets if you lay one on Matt B's corps. :tongue: ), new microphones from our corps sponsor, Peavy, or you might get your tour bus decked out "Mystré Style".

Mystre is not eligible for this award due to the fact that some people are a little uptight, but I reserve the right to lay down some smack in future weeks. Only rule, no personal attacks... but you are free to lay one down on their corps!

-Hype

Edited by CloudHype

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this could get real intresting. :tongue:

Mystre is kind of like the Oakland Raiders of DCP-I. They haven't won crap in AGES, but them and their fans walk around talking smack like they're the biggest, baddest, bully on the block.

Though Mystre DID win the World Class title WAY back in Seasons IV and V, so I guess they've got that whole "respect your elders" thing going for them.

Phst, whatever. :tongue:

Mystre is kind of like the Oakland Raiders of DCP-I. They haven't won crap in AGES, but them and their fans walk around talking smack like they're the biggest, baddest, bully on the block.

Though Mystre DID win the World Class title WAY back in Seasons IV and V, so I guess they've got that whole "respect your elders" thing going for them.

Phst, whatever. :worthy:

Amateur! :tongue:

You forgot:

The ONLY DCPI organization to sweep all 3 divisions... In a live season btw... which was their "rookie" season.

The DCPW Championships might as well be called their home show because they never lost it. A 5-0 record.

Finalist every season in which they competed.

Also has a FDCI Div I title (an honor that only The Knight and Star of Jupiter can say) over Joel Sokal of the Scarlet Knights, in an off season... That's a feat! And an FDCI Div III title too.

Founder of the Super Organization, FANFARE. Way back in FDCI season 6.

:ph34r:

Oh and this is not a trash talk just my corps thread but if you choose to and do a good job at it, you might win the award. With that being said, it should be easy for others to top you for this week.

Here's a few more for your list:

*Holds the record for narrowest defeat in DCPI finals, losing season 7 to Kosmos by .02.

*"Holds the record for the most times it's FOLDED and later relaunched," Doesn't exactly make it look like an organization that's got all its ducks in a row.

*Releases so much hot air that they're single-handedly responsible for global warming"

*Flashes of light refracting from the director's head can frequently be observed from astronauts on the International Space Station.

:tongue:

Here's two more for your list:

*"Holds the record for the most times it's FOLDED and later relaunched," Doesn't exactly make it look like an organization that's got all its ducks in a row. :tongue:

*Releases so much hot air that they're single-handedly responsible for global warming"

Matt B. The best director to never win a live season. What is your record. O-7?

I did mine in my first shoot.

Edited by CloudHype

Matt B. The best director to never win a live season. What is your record. O-7?

I did mine in my first shoot.

Wrong- I won A Class with Kadence back in season 12. As for Kosmos, true they never WON a live season, but they did pretty good for themselves. In the 11 CONSECUTIVE seasons they made finals (good luck touching that one), I think they finished out of the top 5 once. So yeah- not too shabby there.

And since then, their director has gone about as kooky as Al Davis, too. :tongue:

Hmph. arrrg.

'k - I got spanked pretty good in Louisville, an' once I get my feet back under me I'm comin' after all y'alls hides!

grrr.

Need more beer too. Yeah, that's it.

(Forum has been pretty quiet last several days...)

Wrong- I won A Class with Kadence back in season 12. As for Kosmos, true they never WON a live season, but they did pretty good for themselves. In the 11 CONSECUTIVE seasons they made finals (good luck touching that one), I think they finished out of the top 5 once. So yeah- not too shabby there.

Haven't competed in the past two live seasons. I believe I was at 7 straight between the Div I corps. I know of at least 2 times you didn't make top 5 (season 4 and I believe 6). Season 6 is my lone non top 5 season, maybe season 11 too but that needs an * by it.

Edited by CloudHype