Pioneer 2010

CORRECTION: The last line of the previous post should read "our kids" not "out kids". Sorry for the finger fault.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the show in Minneapolis and WOW. The ranks and files were straighter, the music was played with a passion and the show was terrific. Loved the changes made in the drill. They blew Teal Sound out of the stadium and the crowd loved the show. OK DCI judges, what do you have to say?

Great Job Pioneer. :tongue:

Just watched the show in Minneapolis and WOW. The ranks and files were straighter, the music was played with a passion and the show was terrific. Loved the changes made in the drill. They blew Teal Sound out of the stadium and the crowd loved the show. OK DCI judges, what do you have to say?

Great Job Pioneer. :cool:

Ed, you are absolutely correct. This show is amazing. I especially like the New Orleans entrance! Donny, the whole musical score is fantastic and entertaining. The flow of the music from beginning to end keeps to the theme. Kudos to the entire staff. Percussion is great, guard is looking good, brass and pit are doing their job. Drill is coming along. Keep up the good work. You're climbing up the ladder!!!

Edited by nick6063

Guard is not good at all.......Pioneer will not finish ahead of Teal at any point this season.

Ed, you are absolutely correct. This show is amazing. I especially like the New Orleans entrance! Donny, the whole musical score is fantastic and entertaining. The flow of the music from beginning to end keeps to the theme. Kudos to the entire staff. Percussion is great, guard is looking good, brass and pit are doing their job. Drill is coming along. Keep up the good work. You're climbing up the ladder!!!

Guard is not good at all.......Pioneer will not finish ahead of Teal at any point this season.

I agree that the Guard is the weak point of the show. Look, however, at the difference in the complexity of the drill and the music. Our local high school band can do Teal Sound's drill. They have no where to go. On the other hand, Pioneer continues to refine and improve. To top it off, they actually sound like a drum and bugle corps.

For the record, my money is on Pioneer finishing at least two places ahead of Teal Sound.

Way to go Pioneer. 70.4. That keeps the score moving in the right direction. Tomorrow, Kansas City and Wednesday in Broken Arrow. We will be at the Broken Arrow show. Better every day.

I encourage you not to look only at the size of the guard, but at the individual performance level. It's true that ,due to the nature of the beast, a smaller guard will keep our number lower, but we definitely have some VERY talented girls, both vets and rookies alike. David Crook has been doing some awesome work all season and I think that if you look past the number on the page, you'll find some awesome things going on down on the field.

Keep it up Guard!

Had my nose on the 50, 7 rows up in Rockford and got my face blasted by the best Pioneer corps I've seen since the 90s. Watching the Donny Allen cheer-leading clinic from the track in front of the corps was so much fun that I think it should be written into the show! Great job Pioneer!!!! I absolutely LOVED the performance!

I am looking forward to seeing this show at DCI East. Keep up the good work Donny and hope to see you in Allentown.

Had my nose on the 50, 7 rows up in Rockford and got my face blasted by the best Pioneer corps I've seen since the 90s. Watching the Donny Allen cheer-leading clinic from the track in front of the corps was so much fun that I think it should be written into the show! Great job Pioneer!!!! I absolutely LOVED the performance!

I was 10 rows up on the 50 in Rockford and I too, had my face blasted by Pioneer! In my opinion, the most entertaining show I saw! Loved the music, audience involvement and yes, Donny Allen's cheerleading skills were awesome! This goes to show the love this man has for this corps, no matter what "challenges" this corps faces, he believes in them and man, I'm proud. This may have something to do with the fact that my son, is the tall trumpet player on the 50 yard line!!! I would say these things if he didn't march.....Good job Pioneer and thanks for putting on a show that keeps us talking! :thumbup: