Pioneer 2010

Guard is not good at all.......Pioneer will not finish ahead of Teal at any point this season.

I find this comment very much in favor of Pioneer. It is illustrating. Pioneer entered Division 1 (World) in 1997 without any expectation. They sustained and are alive now, where at least 15 groups have folded....going for a quick and easy success. I certainly want Teal to be in World for years to come. Just the attitude should be good....that is the key....Pioneer knows that. Whoever wins.........congratulation!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer has come so far this year. No matter where they finally end up, this year will be remembered as the year that they broke out of the mold. I can't say enough good things about how they have progressed. As someone said earlier "13th or 23rd, it doesn't matter, we are proud of you."

We will be at the show in Broken Arrow tomorrow and I'm sure the whole corps will know where we are sitting because my wife won't sit down during the performance. She is second, only to Donny Allen, in the cheerleading department.

One thing we have to remember is that moving up after being the Rodney Dangerfield of drum corps is not easy. Pioneer is doing everything in their power to do it but also need some help from the judges. They need to just judge what they see on the field and the crowd's reaction to the show. If they do that, things wll be better.

Stay true to what you are, Pioneer, and you will continue to be a winner in many more ways than just the scoreboard. "Better every day" is your motto and you are proving it in your music, drill and actions. :thumbup:

I had the pleasure of seeing Pioneer in Minneapolis, and I have to say, that as an alum, I will be honest, I didn't care if none of the other corps performed, as long as I got to see Pio.

Was there dirt? Yup! Were there places that they have to clean? Most def! Did I enjoy the heck out of the show? HECK YEAH!

The 95 show was my favorite up to this point, but I think I have a new show to love!

I was sitting with my wife, now I am gonna sound like a wuss, but I actually teared up when I saw and heard them come out with their first big blast of music. I had goosebumps too! My wife looked at me and told me that I was a dork, but she also knew how proud I was of Pio taking this step.

I, too, hope that someday my kids can be a part of the Pioneer family so that they can understand what I mean when I talk about the positive experiences that I had with them.

Better Everyday my Pioneer brothers and sisters!

I do have one concern from the MN show though: NO SOUVIE STAND! I was waiting to get some cool Pioneer gear and there was nothing. I have to say, as others felt the same, I was a bit disappointed. Oh well!

Edited by mvbailey12

Saw Pio last night. I really like the way the corps sounds and enjoyed the show.

There was a problem with the PA system and the prayer fired up for about half a second and then disappeared--and I think the show was much better without it.

Saw some logistical design issues that seem to stem from blind pyware use--not enough room allowed for tenors or bass drums to clear during some movements. Saw a bass drummer clip a horn player, saw an end snare and tenor player have to dodge each other a couple of times, that sort of thing.

Guard fell apart during closer. I take it the past few days off involved changes to closer that haven't been completely learned.

Sadly, no souvie stand. The boss said the souvie folks didn't want to drive that far.

I had the pleasure of seeing Pioneer in Minneapolis, and I have to say, that as an alum, I will be honest, I didn't care if none of the other corps performed, as long as I got to see Pio.

Was there dirt? Yup! Were there places that they have to clean? Most def! Did I enjoy the heck out of the show? HECK YEAH!

The 95 show was my favorite up to this point, but I think I have a new show to love!

I was sitting with my wife, now I am gonna sound like a wuss, but I actually teared up when I saw and heard them come out with their first big blast of music. I had goosebumps too! My wife looked at me and told me that I was a dork, but she also knew how proud I was of Pio taking this step.

I, too, hope that someday my kids can be a part of the Pioneer family so that they can understand what I mean when I talk about the positive experiences that I had with them.

Better Everyday my Pioneer brothers and sisters!

I do have one concern from the MN show though: NO SOUVIE STAND! I was waiting to get some cool Pioneer gear and there was nothing. I have to say, as others felt the same, I was a bit disappointed. Oh well!

Wow.....you read some of these postings and you realize how much this all means to people. I agree....that first big blast really does something to you. It is what the members are working so hard to achieve. I remember seeing them to do this for the first time......man it has come a long way. I never marched, but I know what you mean when people look at you like a "dork". My son marches in Pioneer.......his 2nd year. I'm sure as an alumn of this corps, you are proud. I'm proud as a parent. No matter what the future holds for my son, there is one thing for sure.......he has learned so much, not only as a musician but as a person. I know every corps faces "challenges", but Pioneer......I"m sure you know as an alumn. Maybe it was different when you marched, but if I had to guess, I'm sure it wasn't. As far as the Souvie booth goes, what is up with that???? No Souvie booth in Rockford either.......come on guys, it is a reflection on the Corps. I would only hope that the Souvie booth would be following our busses down the road........you have people who want to buy stuff.......sell it!!!! Easy for me to say, but I have re-arranged by entire summer schedule at work to volunteer, cook, watch and support. Our kids would love to see more people wearing their gear!!!! Don't want to drive that far.......?!?! Oh well, Good luck Pioneer!!!!!

No Souvie booth in Rockford either.......come on guys, it is a reflection on the Corps.

Actually he was there. My mother in law finally got her new gear to wear to quarterfinals.

Edited by Lynsew

Does anyone know if the corps even made it to Broken Arrow ?? I know they are having some bus issues and didn't make it to their housing site last night....but I can't find out anything today. :laughing: I hope everything works out for them they have been doing so well !

Yikes. I read on their twitter that they ran into some challenges after rehearsal but didn't know what the issue was. Hope they got some floor time before the show (if they made it at all).

I am really enjoying where Pioneer has gone this year. As a long time fan of the corps, I remember when they where a DII corps, competing and making semi finals against larger corps. I think this is the best they have looked since 2001. I think they are very close to getting back to the level they were at between 1995-2000. I really hope they can retain their membership for next year, and continue to improve.

I just wish they would get rid of the 45 second speech in the middle. It adds nothing to the program, gets a tiny splatter of applause, and while I understand the meaning of it, alot of people in the audience are rolling their eyes at it. I do think Pioneer is a true champion, as they have done what very few of the corps that moved up from DII/III have done... survived. You might even say they are more successful than former champions Anaheim Kingsmen, and top 12 finishers Freelancers, Magic of Orlando, and many other corps who have placed above them over the years, like Southwind, Les Etoiles, and Esperanza. Pioneer may not have had the crowd support, the souvie dollars, or the loyalty other corps have had, but something must be right there, as they are still performing quality shows every year.

I really hope to see you all there on Thursday for quarterfinals early in the day, to root on corps like Pioneer, Teal Sound, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, and Jersey Surf, who all put out some great shows, but don't always get the recognition. I would love to see more than 10,000 people in the stands for these corps. You might really be surprised at how good these corps really are.