BLUE STARS 2010!

I think the color is actually a shade of blue/gray.

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!

That is funny. Having seen the uniforms a few times, the grey color does seem to vary quite a bit depending on the lighting conditions. Even the star on the front stands out more or less depending on the light. I do like the blue satin around the collar.

I love the Blue Stars show and am hoping to see it live again soon. Given the Houdini theme, I can't help but wonder what surprises of color, sound and movement they still have to add.

This is a great year for drum corps. All the corps seem to have stepped up their game and are presenting some very entertaining shows for us to experience and support this year. I try to remind myself when I don't really care for a corps' uniforms or show that the performers don't have a say on either. The students involved in drum corps are exceptional and I hope they're all proud to wear their corps' uniform and perform their show.

Its amazing how this corps has pulled itself up and back on the fast track. Truly amazing organization and great kids. Alumni should be proud of them.

I dig the older corps like Troopers, BS and Madison back on the competitive stage. Good life lesson for those kids that determination and tons of hard work

can do almost anything.

I am very proud of these kids and this organization :thumbup:

• Like 2

You really don't want to see them - trust me. BUT if you really want to see - look in the new unis thread.

it's just band, get over it. :)

anyway, the reason for me posting, I was going to start a thread to talk about how awesome blue stars mello book/line is, I am very impressed with them, the writing has a lot of phantomish (glissando's/very high register on chords etc) and cadetish (runs) type stuff and it's great. The line is playing it well too! ... but i read this thread first and seems it had been talked about already so just wanted to add that there is one more person who loves that mello line :)

anyway, the reason for me posting, I was going to start a thread to talk about how awesome blue stars mello book/line is, I am very impressed with them, the writing has a lot of phantomish (glissando's/very high register on chords etc) and cadetish (runs) type stuff and it's great. The line is playing it well too! ... but i read this thread first and seems it had been talked about already so just wanted to add that there is one more person who loves that mello line :)

Well put. I think the Blue Stars have more cleaning to do than most corps, which gives them a lot of potential to move up in the rankings. Regardless, this is going to be one FINE product come finals week. I'm absolutely OBSESSED with this show. The mellos, guard, and percussion are rockin' it. The drumline is SMEXY!

Hmmmm. How about "Star-ish", which came well before the others in terms of supreme mello licks.

Love, love, love this show.

I love Philip Glass but his music can strike some people as cold. BS brings out the emotion.

The partnering in the guard during the ballad is some of the best staging I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Kalamazoo will be on the Fan Network. Looking forward to seeing how much the Blue Stars have improved since Normal. Plus an early season show down with Boston and Phantom. :tongue: