46th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix - July 10, 2010

Nope ... to my knowledge, it's the Barnum Festival ... started in 1949 (same year as the Dream I believe) with the CT Yankees as the host corps ... Scranton was first held in 1963 and the Grand Prix started in 65 as a Jr./Sr. show ...

:-)

I'm with Ange--it hasn't always been a DCA/Senior show, but we ain't missed a one. Of course, you've got two homeboys taking this stand.

T Ace

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the Barnum Festival DCA contest have a brief hiatus in the early 2000's? I recall participating in an exhibition-only Barnum Festival in the new baseball stadium in 2005, the year the Bugler's Hall of Fame had its inaugural 'class' inducted that night. Park City Pride, Sky Alumni, Blessed Sac and Cabs Alumni were in the show. Maynard Ferguson and his band performed that night as well. I think the following year it returned to Kennedy Stadium as a contest.

I will be there with quints on

Didn't the Barnum Festival DCA contest have a brief hiatus in the early 2000's? I recall participating in an exhibition-only Barnum Festival in the new baseball stadium in 2005, the year the Bugler's Hall of Fame had its inaugural 'class' inducted that night. Park City Pride, Sky Alumni, Blessed Sac and Cabs Alumni were in the show. Maynard Ferguson and his band performed that night as well. I think the following year it returned to Kennedy Stadium as a contest.

Correct John ... the Barnum became a DCA show in 1964 ... in the 90's it was a DCI show for one or two years and in 2005 it was an Alumni show ... but ... as Ace Holleran said in his post: the Barnum has always had a Drum Corps show as part of its Festival history ...

:-)

Looking forward to a GREAT show!!!!!!!

No the following year it was alumni only as well.

Looking forward to a GREAT show!!!!!!!

Thanks Lois... See you there....

Looking forward to the show.... and our annual "NJ Diner Tour"!!!!! :smile:

Looking forward to the show.... and our annual "NJ Diner Tour"!!!!! :smile:

Be sure to give me a call if one of your stops will be the "Hot Grill". We rehearse right across the street from there. A huge perk indeed!! Or...perculation, if I might say.... :lol:

Jerry