The Pasco, Wash. Rinse and Spin

If you haven't heard BK live....man!! They're awesome this year! Huge reaction at Stanford!

!

BK is really something this year. Still work to do on the closer, but when the potential is unlocked, it'll rock.

Watched them rehearse today, and they have a wonderfully mature brass sound. LOVE it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the show in Pasco.

REALLY good stuff from all Corps. I'll write a review soon.

Can't wait to see it Lance. I'm soooo tired of staying up so late for scores. Come on Denver and Midwest!

I know this is Open Class, but how did Oregon Crusaders drop 1.7 points in GE Music alone in one day!?

Dan Bryan tonight, Greg Hall on Saturday. It's really that simple.

Garry in Vegas

Dan Bryan tonight, Greg Hall on Saturday. It's really that simple.

Garry in Vegas

Here is to hoping that it's not the same judging panel for days on end...that can be quite the buzkill. I would think Idaho Show might be somewhat different.

Here is to hoping that it's not the same judging panel for days on end...that can be quite the buzkill. I would think Idaho Show might be somewhat different.

I wish more corps were going to be on the Smurf Turf this year. That was my favorite tour stop with BK both my years. It was always freaky and cool at the same time to march on that field. I also became a huge fan of SCV at Boise in '97 as well. Such class and a machine, wish BD, Academy, SCV and others could be at that one, they're missing out!!

Wes P

Since I am on a week break from tour, I am getting info from other staff and some members, not FIRST hand, but close enough....

Word has it, Blue Knights had a FLAT, emotionless show tonight. In my opinion, probably the first flat show of the year.

When I marched, it was ALWAYS a bad day after a free day....maybe that is the case here.

All I can say is that they will be ready to rock again tomorrow night!!!

Since I am on a week break from tour, I am getting info from other staff and some members, not FIRST hand, but close enough....

Word has it, Blue Knights had a FLAT, emotionless show tonight. In my opinion, probably the first flat show of the year.

When I marched, it was ALWAYS a bad day after a free day....maybe that is the case here.

All I can say is that they will be ready to rock again tomorrow night!!!

Yeah, it was flat, but still very good.

Their final run-through in rehearsal was better.

If you haven't heard BK live....man!! They're awesome this year! Huge reaction at Stanford!

!

Like l said after I saw them in Clovis, I haven't been the biggest BK fan in the past but they caught me off guard this year. They blew me away and I can't wait to see them again in Houston!

!

So after seeing BK last night- I definitely like the show more this year than last years. Im glad to see they haven't put the huge emphasis on body movement early on (I'm sure it will get added throughout the season) but right now it feels like they are focused on getting a storng, clean show built first. definitely has legs!

BK is really something this year. Still work to do on the closer, but when the potential is unlocked, it'll rock.

Watched them rehearse today, and they have a wonderfully mature brass sound. LOVE it.

Yeah the sound was great, and was very apparent at the top of the show that they meant business. im pretty sure i said "Wow.." which doesnt happen often.

also the percussion "break" towards the beginning was meh...but the actual feature towards the end was very good for the most part.

It's still too early in the season to look to much into scores. We'll know more after Denver