2010 - Best year since?

I believe that this year might very well be the most competitive year in memory in DCI history. Right now, there are 10 Corps with les than 7 points separating one another. Clearly, Corps like Bluecoats, Blue Knights, Boston, Blue Stars ( is this enough " B's " ?) are fielding perhaps their strongest Corps in history, ad are pushing the others. Add in the emergence of a reinvigorated Madison Scouts Corps and the competiton from top to bottom is a great as I can ever recall.

I think we'll see more placement and score surprises before this year is done.

The point swing Madison has made this past week is incredible. This is going to be a huge show at the end of the season!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point swing Madison has made this past week is incredible. This is going to be a huge show at the end of the season!

I havn't seen Madison Scouts so far... but from all reports, they have lots of potential for growth. I'm looking forward to catching them live later this year.

Edited by BRASSO

I havn't seen Madison Scouts so far... but from all reports, they have lots of potential for growth. I'm looking forward to catching them live later this year.

Let us know when you see them I'd be interested to get your thoughts. I've only seen the videos from the place we cannot speak of, but that looked really good to me. Bought the APD, and love the music.

**side note: I just went three posts without saying anything negative or making a back in the day reference. YAY ME!** LOL

Edited by Newseditor44

It is pretty obvious (to me at least) that 2010 is shaping up to be a better year for Drum Corps than 2009 was, but do you think 2010 is going to be a better year than 2008 or 07? What do you guys think?

IMO....1988 had the best grouping of Corps from top to bottom.

Probably from top to about 15th or 16th. That dog fight for 12th place between four corps was epic.

Oh yes..a revitalized Crossmen and Freelancers, battling with the new kids Dutchboy and Florida Wave......In the end, SkyRyders took it but I feel any one could have made it. I really thought Dutchboy had it..that guard, that GE.....incredible.

I also enjoyed 88 Freelancers a little more than 89.

G

Let us know when you see them I'd be interested to get your thoughts. I've only seen the videos from the place we cannot speak of, but that looked really good to me. Bought the APD, and love the music.

**side note: I just went three posts without saying anything negative or making a back in the day reference. YAY ME!** LOL

haha.... I probably looked at the same Fan Network videos of this year's early season Madison Scouts as you did. I'm sure they'll look and sound even better live later as they wash, rinse, spin, empty, add, repeat, , etc and so forth. By Finals, this should be something else with all these Corps... including the Scouts. I'm looking forward to seeng them all live.

Probably from top to about 15th or 16th. That dog fight for 12th place between four corps was epic.

Four? I always saw it as two, MAYBE three. Sky, Dutch Boy, and XMen (since I thought Bluecoats were a done deal and had been slotted to 11th for a while), and I thought Dutch Boy's brass would beat XMen's drums and Sky's GE. Shows what I knew then. Freelancers were, IMO, a year or two away.

Topic? Easily the best year since the gold-medal days of aught-nine.

Oh yes..a revitalized Crossmen and Freelancers, battling with the new kids Dutchboy and Florida Wave......In the end, SkyRyders took it but I feel any one could have made it. I really thought Dutchboy had it..that guard, that GE.....incredible.

I also enjoyed 88 Freelancers a little more than 89.

G

Don't tell anyone but I enjoyed playing 88 a little better than 89. :thumbdown:

Four? I always saw it as two, MAYBE three. Sky, Dutch Boy, and XMen (since I thought Bluecoats were a done deal and had been slotted to 11th for a while), and I thought Dutch Boy's brass would beat XMen's drums and Sky's GE. Shows what I knew then. Freelancers were, IMO, a year or two away.

Topic? Easily the best year since the gold-medal days of aught-nine.

We were all beating each other all year long. But in the end, the right corps went to finals. Hutch had the best show the week of champs, hands down.