Kalamazoo Kazoo Kazoo

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You start off with "seriously" and then you go on to acknowledge what you said after that is not serious.

What you see online is not "faulty data"... it is limited data.

Then you say this: "Half of Crown's horn line had as big of a sound as some of the other groups entire horn lines" despite saying in the first sentence that the sentence I just quoted is not true.

If you want to say Crown was the loudest (which I don't doubt at all), just say they were the loudest.

Geez, who ###### in your Cheerios. I also said "This is just my next day gut feeling on the shows and not any sort of technical discussion." Its not like I was sitting there with an SPL meter. I left it at home. Please learn to recognize a conversational writing style and differentiate it from a technical writing style.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH DarrenE's REVIEW

So, basically, all you care about are the corps that play loud. Anybody else just doesn't really tickle your pickle.

That's perfectly, fine, but...

The 21st century called...it needs you to join them.

So, basically, all you care about are the corps that play loud. Anybody else just doesn't really tickle your pickle.

That's perfectly, fine, but...

The 21st century called...it needs you to join them.

Nice troll. :tongue:

Loud isn't the only thing but it is one of the things that set Drum Corps apart from your run of the mill marching band. DCI even markets it. Let's face it. A drum corps show isn't exactly a night at the ballet and if it ever is it will be performed in front of audiences consisting entirely of the parents of the Corps members at small High School stadiums.

Geez, who ###### in your Cheerios. I also said "This is just my next day gut feeling on the shows and not any sort of technical discussion." Its not like I was sitting there with an SPL meter. I left it at home. Please learn to recognize a conversational writing style and differentiate it from a technical writing style.

I can see why you think this is conversational. You can say two things at once, even though they are completely opposite. I'm sure that adds interest to your life when there is no one else to talk to.

An unusually SHORT response, on my part, after surviving my Kzoo Weekend.

1. Took both of my girls with me .. their first drum corps show (kicking and screaming)

2. They dug Teal Sound ... loved Madison ... and were awe struck by Crown

3. Only in the 20th row, so the read was pretty crappy from my vantage point.

4. Crowns drum feature was on a half second sound delay from one end of the line to the other ........... seriously it was popcorn at it's worst. What's going on there ?

5. Boston has some power, but they're on the edge ... .sometimes they're crossing the line

6. Coats drill seems TOO clean. Everyone else, I could easily read the mud and see the top view in my head of what they were doing ... but as I said, Coats are too clean for this point in the season. Time for some rewrites to take it up another level.

7. I'm not going to bother looking at recaps because I'm pretty sure I know what happened, and a few corps got what they deserved.

8. Scoring started way too low ......... meaning Teal is a semi's contender easily IMHO.

9. I was for some reason expecting Spirit (from Atlanta) to sound and look like Spirit of Atlanta. Super bummed they didn't even find a way to get GEORGIA into the show (let alone pull out some charts from around 80-86 and tear it up). Disappointed ......

10. Cavies ............ you scared my kids!!!

Drove back to the campground and had some megamellow shmores (YUM!) .... had a nice reunion with the alumni in the afternoon and burnt my freshly shaven head (again :( _) With that .. I'm whipped. Good night DCP!!

I was at Crown rehearsal yesterday before the show and one of the staff members was saying how rough it was this week for them. They put their first major changes into the show during two days and on both of those days they weren't able to ensemble the changes due to poor weather conditions. Sounded like the staff was coming down hard on the drumline at rehearsal. They were definitely playing better in the lot but still wasn't as good as some of the recordings I've been watching.

Edited by CHSnare

I was at Crown rehearsal yesterday before the show and one of the staff members was saying how rough it was this week for them. They put their first major changes into the show during two days and on both of those days they weren't able to ensemble the changes due to poor weather conditions. Sounded like the staff was coming down hard on the drumline at rehearsal. They were definitely playing better in the lot but still wasn't as good as some of the recordings I've been watching.

I still think they're the corps to beat ........ I know Klesch will be adding changes, which will elicit visual changes ... etc etc. They'll keep growing and they're already monsters musically (someone kick the drumline) ..... They'll be there in August.

9. I was for some reason expecting Spirit (from Atlanta) to sound and look like Spirit of Atlanta. Super bummed they didn't even find a way to get GEORGIA into the show (let alone pull out some charts from around 80-86 and tear it up). Disappointed ......

In your defense, it may have been hard to hear, but the hornline does play the opening bars of "Georgia" when they first come in while facing backfield. Listen for it next time. But really, if you were expecting to hear 1980 or 1986 Spirit of Atlanta, go watch those shows on the Fan Network. Spirit's still putting out a great show this year, but I hate how people on here tend to cast them aside simply because they're not re-doing the 1980 show every year.

10. Cavies ............ you scared my kids!!!

Heck, they scared my wife. :tongue: