BD organization in jeopardy

Blue Devils have shown over the years, the BINGO can really do wonders for a drum corps. In the EAST COAST - Drum Corps are NOT ALLOWED to use BINGO as a method to raise funds. Maybe the BLUE DEVILS should take some lessons from the CADETS on these issues. Cadets have to work hard for their money. Maybe it is about time - Blue Devils should work harder for their money. Lets see what happens to their STAFF. (lebron james) See if it is all about the money - or where you really want to be...Hmnn....

How very very G7 ish! :tongue:

Edited by SFZFAN

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are Blue Devils trying to stand up for their self-interests? The gall!

And why are you so concerned about the well being of the citizens of Concord?

Did one of BD's trucks run over your cat?

why should I not be concerned about the well being of the citizens of Concord?

is that really your argument? "How dare you care about other people???"... really?

if I had a cat, I would happily let BD's truck run over it.

Now here I thought you were only talking about BD... silly of me.....

Soooo... why only point the finger at BD.

As for: "I'm just saying if the goal is to help children, that it can be done cheaper. Obviously they spend most of their money on a world class, top notch, touring ensemble of generally fairly well off children. That is their main goal. The "help the locals" goal is on the side. How do I know it's on the side? What will go first if they have to cut a program? Exactly."

If BD cuts out the "locals" part, then they pretty much match every other major WC corps.

Soooo... why only point the finger at BD.

this thread is about BD.

that is why my posts in this thread are about BD.

I can see how this might be complicated to understand.

Since we're fussing on BD...... I was listening to the 1980 Finals on the way home from work today...you know, "the year no one wanted to win" or whatever it's been called. I think the brass instrumentation just sounds so much better today. I'm not talking about the players, but the equipment. 27th Lancers (2nd place) sounded really tinny in places. I gotta believe it was the horns, not the horn players.

Honestly, any attempt to draw conclusions on what 1980 DCI brass sounded like based solely on recordings is a futile effort. If you weren't there, you simply won't ever know.

Uh, what? Did you consciously care about the citizens of Concord before you heard about the potential hit to BD's bingo operation?

funny-pictures-cat-does-not-see-your-point.jpg

you said that the service from Burger King doesn't produce the product of McDonalds.

And I'm saying that the service from the new bingo doesn't produce the product of BD bingo either.

Why do you think that only BD should be allowed to have a bingo?

Blue Devils have shown over the years, the BINGO can really do wonders for a drum corps. In the EAST COAST - Drum Corps are NOT ALLOWED to use BINGO as a method to raise funds. Maybe the BLUE DEVILS should take some lessons from the CADETS on these issues. Cadets have to work hard for their money. Maybe it is about time - Blue Devils should work harder for their money. Lets see what happens to their STAFF. (lebron james) See if it is all about the money - or where you really want to be...Hmnn....

Did this POST make anyone LOL while reading it?

But, since you apparently don't REALIZE it MrBud, this BINGO operation supports the Blue Devils Performing Arts association, not the A Corps.

Included under that ASSOCIATION are:

A Corps

B Corps

C Corps

Winter Guard

Twirling

Diablo Wind Symphony

System Blue Camps all across the state

so, I guess what I'm TRYING to say is: THE BLUE DEVILS ARE NOT THE CADETS, AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE RUN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.

well that was easy enough.

Did you seriously just compare a disaster in which 50,000 people perish to a community bingo hall??

You're right... so how many people should suffer before it is ok to care about them? Right now we have the entire population of Concord, which is roughly 120,000 people. Obviously that number is not enough in your mind.

Oh, but they help 400 kids... 400/120000 is a good percentage, right?