BD organization in jeopardy

Amazing how with all the venom in this thread the activity has survived at all...

Antivenom.JPG

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread is about BD.

that is why my posts in this thread are about BD.

I can see how this might be complicated to understand.

Yeah... no insults here..... Soooo if this was going on in Rosemont or where ever the Hades Cadets are from, would you post with the same... ahem... passion?

And Mike Boo, I know why the venom doesn't affect some people. It goes right thru thin skin....

The image I conjure up as I think of this thread is a bunch of old washer women hanging over their backyard fences, pickin' and talkin' about the hussie up the street who all the men are goggling at (and not at them!) “It is a tale … full of sound and fury; signifying nothing.”

Meanwhile, on the other side of the planet (the side with oxygen), the Bluecoats are smokin' hot tonight and fans are cheering for great drum corps performances.....yet the old washer women keep yakin' away. It really is time to come on out of your mom's basement and give the Dell a rest! :tongue:

Funny. :tongue:

I'm sorry if I offended people with my last post in this thread. I just refuse to believe this spells doom for the Devs if it doesn't go their way. If I honestly thought they didn't have a plan already in mind I would be more concerned, and the biggest inaccuracy of my last post was to insinuate they only had one source of income, which clearly they don't. It would certainly be EASIER for them to retain their current setup, but in the absence of bingo other opportunities are available.

This is not about Bingo for him, but about real estate and gambling.

You identified the monopoly at stake, bingo hall ownership. Since the consumers of the halls are non-profits (who, in turn, sell gambling to the public), introducing some competition is likely to benefit the non-profits as a whole (without passing judgment on their respective "missions" or effectiveness). Thus, unless an organization permanently has politicians in it's pocket, a revenue stream that turns on keeping government-enforced monopoly power is always at risk. Monopolistic pricing attracts market entry and the non-profit "landlord" is always outnumbered by the potential "tenants."

And Mike Boo, I know why the venom doesn't affect some people. It goes right thru thin skin....

:tongue:

People now seem to have a pretty good grasp of what is going on with BD and bingo, and have discussed it pretty fully.

Bon mots and insults seem to be about all the actual thread is producing now, so we'll go ahead and close this.

Thanks everybody.