Standing O's?

Does she still have her MIA bracelet...or did the guard not have those?

Just asked her and yes she does. It's broken but she still has it packed away in her "old drum corps stuff" box. Doesn't everyone have a box like that?

The biggest one I can remember live was 95 Madison at DCI Finals. It was the only time I ever jumped up and down and was going spastic duing a performance and I couldn't hear the last chord of the show.

Another in performance sustained standing ovation occured in 1990 at Giants Stadium during the Velvet Knights "tornado" sequence. Right before that moment the swirling winds of Giants Stadium kicked in and dumped a quick shower..it was pouring and this just fueled VK even more. Crowd was eating it up.

Longest one I can remember in person was DCI prelims 1979 Birmingham. Troopers went on right before intermission and the standing O kept going..and going.

Another in performance sustained standing ovation occured in 1990 at Giants Stadium during the Velvet Knights "tornado" sequence. Right before that moment the swirling winds of Giants Stadium kicked in and dumped a quick shower..it was pouring and this just fueled VK even more. Crowd was eating it up.

I was the PA announcer at that show... you are absolutely correct, that was pretty wild.

I have been to every finals since aging out in 1985. The one that stands out in my mind is at the end of 1987 Sky Ryders show. That was one of the most emotional shows that I have ever seen.

It was1970 Racine and we were at the home of the 2 time defending champion Kiltes. About six measures into our opener the crowd rose and started going crazy. They stayed on their feet until we stopped for concert. By the time we were halfway through concert the crowd was once again on their feet. They didn’t sit down until after our show was over and we had left the field. When we finished our last note the PA announcer started yelling, “Wonderful show…wonderful show…the Santa Clara Vanguard!” That was the night Santa Clara became THE Vanguard!

There is no video, but Fleetwood recorded the show. If you listen closely you can hear the roar of the crowd over the music in the softer sections.

I was there! It was amazing - first no one was expecting much from this corps from California and most of the crowd headed for the beer stands to get their last brew before the Troopers came on. Once we started up the crowd came back into the stands and most just stayed on their feet for the entire show. It was the most memorable moment for me in my seven years marching. :lol:

Edited by amadorj

27th Lancers-Foxboro,Ma-1994 Finals

One of my favorite all time performances. The crowd was wild. It was either 9 or 11 seperate standing ovations they received.And yes I actually counted because I was so impressed with 27 and the crowds reaction.

They went on after the Blue Devils who's show My Spanish Heart was outstanding.As great as BD was that night it was 27 who was the crowd's favorite. I consider it one of the greatest moments in Drum Corps history.

'86 Santa Clara, the final push in "Great Gate"

'94-98 Kilties, just coming on the field :lol: