Standing O's?

Okay guys, so I just finished up watching Suncoast's Vietnam show (still one of my favorites), and the crowd reaction and standing ovation after the girl releases the balloon in requiem seems to last forever. For anyone who marched that year, were you used to waiting for the reaction to end so you could continue the show?

And to my main point, what is the longest standing O or crowd reaction that you guys remember? I know there have been some pretty classic moments where it seems like the crowd is never going to stop. What are the best to you guys?

Okay guys, so I just finished up watching Suncoast's Vietnam show (still one of my favorites), and the crowd reaction and standing ovation after the girl releases the balloon in requiem seems to last forever. For anyone who marched that year, were you used to waiting for the reaction to end so you could continue the show?

And to my main point, what is the longest standing O or crowd reaction that you guys remember? I know there have been some pretty classic moments where it seems like the crowd is never going to stop. What are the best to you guys?

What year was that, so I can go and watch it!

84...fan network. Awesome horn line!

Thank you! Watching as I type!

Not at all. That show was so great, and that hornline really sold that performance. Sure it had some controversy around it, but they approached the subject with such dignity and compassion that it worked. And the moment that the guard member releases the balloon, HUGe goosebumps every time.

My two are '92 VK at finals and '95 Madison at Allentown. '84 was a couple of years before my time.

That '84 Suncoast Sound show remains a standout in my decades of drum corps, in its ability to hit your deepest emotion.

The first time I saw it left the entire crowd in the same state of "WOW!".

The '92 VK ending is another that drove the crowd into a frenzy.

"Standing O's":

Too many to remember, going all the way back to the 1950's. One of the longest bouts of BOOOOING I ever heard was at the 1966 "Dream", where Blessed Sacrament upset the Chicago Cavaliers. :tongue: Pretty good lineup that afternoon, with Troopers in third followed by St Lucy's, Kilties and Chicago Royal Airs.

Elphaba