128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win drums?

• Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • Cavaliers
    • Cadets
    • Carolina Crown

I'll go with the defending champs, BD...gotta go through them this time.

Hey, why is the second winningest drumline in DCI history not on this list!?

The Bridgemen? :tongue:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most other things with their show this year, Cavaliers started a little behind where they traditionally sit. But the battery has tightened up considerably in the last couple weeks, and I defy any judge to listen and watch the front ensemble and not recognize that they're simply at a whole 'nother level than pretty much everyone else in the activity.

They've got a shot for taking the caption this year. Even if they don't, I'd be surprised if they were any lower than third and any more than .1 or .2 off the lead.

Votin for Crown of course. People continue to underestimate Crown, as always. They will push through to the end and become DCI's newest first time World Class Champion.

Votin for Crown of course. People continue to underestimate Crown, as always. They will push through to the end and become DCI's newest first time World Class Champion.

Possibly but it looks less and less likely as the season progresses.

I defy any judge to listen and watch the front ensemble and not recognize that they're simply at a whole 'nother level than pretty much everyone else in the activity.

Agreed. Cavies front ensemble is on fire this season. I can't remember another show with as many notes as these guys are cranking out, and at high volume levels too. I encourage everyone to take notice next time you watch this group.

If the battery can continue to tighten up, I think they've got a real chance to win the caption. We shall see...

I know a lot of folks skip the "main" DCP page, but we do have a Caption Ranking System that uses both (custom forumla) weighted scores as well as raw scores. Just click on either "World" or "Open" under percussion and it'll lay it out for you.

Mike

(Today's current weighted scores)

1. Phantom Regiment 17.120

2. Cavaliers 17.085

3. Bluecoats 17.035

4. Blue Devils 17.030

5. The Cadets 16.725

6. Santa Clara Vanguard 16.300

7. Carolina Crown 16.295

I see.

But Carolina Crown is? After having lost and tied the Boston Crusaders, a corps that is not on this list, in their last two meetings?

Very good point!

I know a lot of folks skip the "main" DCP page, but we do have a Caption Ranking System that uses both (custom forumla) weighted scores as well as raw scores. Just click on either "World" or "Open" under percussion and it'll lay it out for you.

Mike

(Today's current weighted scores)

Wow not much of a margin for error between the top 4 is there , I still think that Phantom will pull it out . I would really like to see Phantom's guard scores improve but I'm not a guard guy , I'm just trying to look at the total aspect of thing's .