Crown as X factor

It will be interesting where these guys fall into place, to say the least.

Their strong performance early season, along with a strong showing last year, would indicate at least a top 3 finish.

But on the other hand, it seems there is stronger competition this year and they're having some unexpected problems.

I could imagine them falling from last years placement, even pretty far (7th is a stretch, I realize that, but Vanguard is still very much in the hunt with their spread vs Cadets being smaller than the spread between Cadets and BD in Denver)...

So, will they succeed with another top 3 finish (maybe even a win!?) or will they fall back significantly this year?

I think they're still in the title hunt right now, clearly - they are 13-1 in shows they've competed in. However, it's the regional this weekend that really sets the pecking order. After that first full regional, there's typically not a ton of movement upwards or downwards.

Mike

Funny, I have been unable to narrow down their future placement also. I have BD and Cadets set for the top 4 and SCV and PR set somewhere in the 4-7 spots. How can I see CC beating BD and Cadets when I can also see them dropping below SCV or PR??? :rolleyes: BUT, I do.

It will be interesting where these guys fall into place, to say the least.

Their strong performance early season, along with a strong showing last year, would indicate at least a top 3 finish.

But on the other hand, it seems there is stronger competition this year and they're having some unexpected problems.

I could imagine them falling from last years placement, even pretty far (7th is a stretch, I realize that, but Vanguard is still very much in the hunt with their spread vs Cadets being smaller than the spread between Cadets and BD in Denver)...

So, will they succeed with another top 3 finish (maybe even a win!?) or will they fall back significantly this year?

Take those west coast goggles off, my friend. I could see 4th for Crown, if things don't go their way the rest of the season, but most likely they medal again. They are an excellent drum corps with a superior brass section and music ensemble. They are going to get rewarded by the judges for what they are achieving.

I think the real wild card is the Cavaliers. They had a rough start, but you can see from the Kalamazoo video that their show is really coming together. I see them anywhere from 5th to 1st depending how things continue to develop.

Funny, I have been unable to narrow down their future placement also. I have BD and Cadets set for the top 4 and SCV and PR set somewhere in the 4-7 spots. How can I see CC beating BD and Cadets when I can also see them dropping below SCV or PR??? :rolleyes: BUT, I do.

Probably because I have the first half of their show in 1st and the 2nd half in 5th. Don't yell at me Crown fans I felt the same way about BD 07, it worked out OK for them.

while some pods may be created this weekend, depending on things yet to come and changes, some corps may jump up.

while some pods may be created this weekend, depending on things yet to come and changes, some corps may jump up.

Odds are against it, though - house money says the general groups will remain the same, even if they shift within.

Mike