Casper Troopers 2010

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of the show, except the opening visual. Although the "ballad" is nice, to me the show doesnt go anywhere. And I am not sure about the trumpet/soprano "screecher" near the end. He misses the notes more than he hits them. Perhaps it is time to remove that part or get a different soloist.

But at least they are out there trying.

I am not a fan of the show, except the opening visual. Although the "ballad" is nice, to me the show doesnt go anywhere. And I am not sure about the trumpet/soprano "screecher" near the end. He misses the notes more than he hits them. Perhaps it is time to remove that part or get a different soloist.

But at least they are out there trying.

Look for some changes on the Houston webcast. I don't know exactly what is different (yet - I'm going to rehearsal later today) but I know they've been working hard to get the changes in.

When I saw Troop in Denver I thought that they definately needed more color on the field. They had plenty of field coverage, but, without some more color on the uniforms the corps actually looked smaller than they were. If they can find some way to spice up the visual look of the new uniforms (I did not even notice; were they wearing the scarves?) and continue to improve their execution and add a few more impact moments, they could find themselves marching in finals again. These were the same comments I made about the corps in 2009 and they managed to bulldoze their way into the top 12 and they may be going in again. Remember, it is not where you start, but, where you finish! :laughing:

No, they aren't wearing scarves this year. They just made the collar yellow.

I noticed only two tenors on the TX VOD. What happened to the third, and can we expect to see three again soon?

Garry in Vegas

I noticed only two tenors on the TX VOD. What happened to the third, and can we expect to see three again soon?

Garry in Vegas

Season-ending injury. A vet joined in Oklahoma and they expect to have him in the show by Atlanta.

Edited by Pinwiz

I think that this year more mirrors 1979 than last year. The corps has been buried so many times by the critics and is still being discounted against Gmen. The main positive for this year is that there is another week for Troop to clean and add more impact moments to the show. If percussion can close the gap to less than a point I think that the rest of the corps can somehow overcome this gap. The spirit of '79 is behind you '10 Troopers, start your own legend! :tongue: