Where were you?!?

Where were you when you heard about some of DCIs most historic moments?

Ex. when phantom regiment tied for first in 1996?

when the cavaliers scored a 99.15

when the cadets scored a 99.15

when the blue devils had an undefeated season

when phantom regiment edged out blue devils in 2008

share you moments here! enjoy :rolleyes::tongue::thumbup::tongue: :tongue:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the moments you listed, the only one I actually witness in person was Phantom beating BD in 2008. I was in the stands for that.

I would have been in the stands to see BD conclude an undefeated season in '09, but I never got my little bracelet-thing that all the current members were supposed to get (we got them so we could be let into the stadium since we didn't have tickets). So, I couldn't get in the stadium on Finals night. While my friends were all in there watching Finals, I went and hung out at the mall, and then sat on the bus until everybody came back. I wish I had at least been 21 at the time so I could have at least hung out in a bar or something. Worst Finals experience ever (and not due to the stadium! ...more like lack-of-stadium). Didn't diminish my season at all, though.

...Okay, and that was enough of a sidetrack! :rolleyes: Back on topic now, perhaps?

I was in the stands for all except the two 99.15s - I saw both shows live, but it didn't work out to go to finals those years.

Phantom 08 was definitely the most insane of the ones you list - nothing I've seen in 14 years of championships compares to that crowd reaction. Phantom 96 was pretty surprising, in part because Phantom came from behind, and in part because it was the first-ever tie. I don't think anybody in the stands was expecting "and in second place, which is really a tie for first place...".

Ha. I was at a friend's bachelor party. He and several of his friends had marched Freelancers, one from SCV, etc.

I called the BD score line during a break in the festivities..."Hey guys, guess what..."

Hmmm...was also on the field for two "almost" undefeated BD seasons...I much preferred not winning the first show of the year instead of the last. :)

Edited by tja273

hahah nice.

yea for the announcement of 2008, i was working at a directv call center, and i was on the phone with a customer when a friend that was in the stands called me. i immedately told the customer "could you hold for a moment? i have to look up some account information" then i bolted to the break area and answered my phone where i heard 3rd through 1st place live. hahah best moment of my summer. that outdid getting paid 13 bucks an hour for that job haha

I was on the field, between Blue Knights and Colts, wearing a Crown uniform for the last time ever. Wondering how we beat Colts for the first time that season, how Magic and Crossmen tied for 8th, and how Bluecoats jumped over both of them for 7th.

I was already wide-eyed when they announced Cadets in 3rd, but that turned into a full O-Face when Crocker said "...which is actually a tie for first..."

o-face.jpg

Where were you when you heard about some of DCIs most historic moments?

when the cavaliers scored a 99.15

when the cadets scored a 99.15

when the blue devils had an undefeated season

when phantom regiment edged out blue devils in 2008

share you moments here! enjoy :thumbup::tongue::tongue::worthy::worthy:

1) there

2) there

3)not there

4)94 and 82...there

4) sadly at home

only one i was there for was Cadets... wait. was BD undefeated in 07?? if so, i was there for that too