Where were you?!?

I was there the night Madison and Phantom tied at the DCM championships and each played a judged show again to determine the champion. One of the coolest things I have seen involving drum corps. The crowd loved it and the corps threw down the second time around.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were you when you heard about some of DCIs most historic moments?

when the blue devils had an undefeated season

On the field with big smile on my face that we achieved the goal.

Rob

82 Blue Devils.

On the field with big smile on my face that we achieved the goal.

Rob

82 Blue Devils.

That show was awesome, Rob! :tongue:

I was also there when:

5. A shocked Crossmen did not make finals

I was there too......to see the pumped up Troopers did make finals. The crowd was wild for Troop.

Also.... watching the Manhattan city scape blowing around Camp Randall on an unusually cold night at semis (quarters?) and Hop ruuing around trying to keep them in place.

And, to see SCV bust out the bottle dance for finals

Too many memories

Of the moments you listed, the only one I actually witness in person was Phantom beating BD in 2008. I was in the stands for that.

I would have been in the stands to see BD conclude an undefeated season in '09, but I never got my little bracelet-thing that all the current members were supposed to get (we got them so we could be let into the stadium since we didn't have tickets). So, I couldn't get in the stadium on Finals night. While my friends were all in there watching Finals, I went and hung out at the mall, and then sat on the bus until everybody came back. I wish I had at least been 21 at the time so I could have at least hung out in a bar or something. Worst Finals experience ever (and not due to the stadium! ...more like lack-of-stadium). Didn't diminish my season at all, though.

...Okay, and that was enough of a sidetrack! :tongue: Back on topic now, perhaps?

Don't worry you'll have another chance this year! :thumbup:

On the field for retreat, standing with BD right behind me, and my eyes widened as I heard "...of 9 9.....point 0 5"

when phantom regiment edged out blue devils in 2008

On MicroMarching League and someone started a new thread called "Suuta." I heard the crowd in Indiana all the way from VA.

Ex. when phantom regiment tied for first in 1996?

when the cavaliers scored a 99.15

when the cadets scored a 99.15

when phantom regiment edged out blue devils in 2008

share you moments here! enjoy :tongue::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was in the UNT Willis Library computer lab--made a bit of a scene when I clicked "refresh" and saw the scores.

96' Phantom/Devils tie: I was there. Still one of the greatest musical moments ever in DCI (Phantom's show)

Cavies scored 99.15: I was at home, impressed by the high score.

Cadets scored a 99.15: I was at home, in disbelief that the judges actually liked this show.

Devils 82: Second grade. 94: Satellite broadcast of finals that DCI tried for like one year. Awesome show. 09: At my computer, appalled.

Phantom beats Devils 2008: At my computer. One of the greatest drumcorps moments ever for me.

Some others-

I was there when SCV broke out the bottle dance at finals in 92.

I was in the stands for Star's last year and witnessed that amazing show first hand.

I was there in 97 semi's when a torrential downpour occured during Magic of Orlando's show.

I was there for the "never ending" chord in Scouts 97' pirates of lake Mendota show.