Attending my first DCI event on the 22nd!

So I'm attending a DCI event on July 22nd in Dallas Texas and this is my very first time.

But I actually have a question. I noticed the first 2 corps playing would be "Forte" and "Teal Sound" and not to sound rude or anything but I don't care too much for them. I was just wondering what the policy on arriving late to a DCI event is so you don't have to wait for the corps you care about to start performing.

Thanks in advanced :D

Edit- When I used the word "Policy" I really was just wondering if people consider it rude or not.

Edited by Lawlz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm attending a DCI event on July 22nd in Dallas Texas and this is my very first time.

But I actually have a question. I noticed the first 2 corps playing would be "Forte" and "Teal Sound" and not to sound rude or anything but I don't care too much for them. I was just wondering what the policy on arriving late to a DCI event is so you don't have to wait for the corps you care about to start performing.

Wait under the stands, or around the concessions, or the Corps souvie set up area , etc until Teal Sound finishes, and then just go up to your seat. You also can go get a hot dog or something when a Corps comes on during a show you don't particularly care for ( beats the crowd around the hot dog stand too ), then go back to your seat when that Corps is finished.

Edited by BRASSO

Have you heard these two corps before? I'm guessing the comment of "not caring for them" means you've heard them and you don't care for them. Different from...I've never heard of them. Also, have you heard their shows this year? What I'm saying...is...if you get to the show, go see a corps. 1. There's too few of them left. 2. Hot dogs are ubiquitous.

i think your question has been answered--you can move between corps---i just wanted to say have a blast!!!! ill never forget my first live show :)

It is your first show and your already judged who is worthy of your viewing and who isn't? How do you know what you are missing? There is something to be learned and enjoyed from everyone's program, if nothing more then giving you a basis on which to judge the later corps. Cannot comment on Forte for I haven't seen them, but Teal is in their first year of world class competition and has a unique program with some good moments.

Not to sound rude or anything, but not a very good start to your drum corps watching career. Either way, enjoy the show and Thanks for coming.

Those first 2 corps are probably better than your HS band, so show up early, enjoy it...and don't talk too loudly around the people around you. Other than that...have a great time.

It is your first show and your already judged who is worthy of your viewing and who isn't? How do you know what you are missing? There is something to be learned and enjoyed from everyone's program, if nothing more then giving you a basis on which to judge the later corps. Cannot comment on Forte for I haven't seen them, but Teal is in their first year of world class competition and has a unique program with some good moments.

Not to sound rude or anything, but not a very good start to your drum corps watching career. Either way, enjoy the show and Thanks for coming.

This statement is very funny IMO. Wanna ask me why?

Either way, to the OP, to each his own. You paid to see who you want to see. Enjoy the show. I wish I was there.