Wichita Watering Hole

Looking at the picture earlier in this thread, how many snares are Bluecoats marching this season? It's had to tell on my monitor but it seemed like 6.

Can't wait to see and hear the new ending for Coats. I'm curious to see if they put it in for all three Tx shows or wait for San Antonio?

Got the charts today. Learning drill on Wednesday. Houston show is Thursday.

But you didn't hear that from me...

Really surprised to see Kristensen judging Music Ensemble...

Definitely not saying he isn't qualified (I know he is) but it caught me by surprise seeing him on that category. I always loved listening to his tapes on percussion.

Looks like Houston is going to be interesting...

I like how Crown wins 1 Ott Trophy and they are "the" hornline to beat and they must have had an off night...

Last time I checked, Bluecoats essentially won Brass in 07 until semifinals, so they have as much right to be there as anyone. I still think you need to unseat BD for more than one season before you get too cocky.... :thumbup:

I personally think it will be between BD and Bluecoats by season end, with Crown in a real close 3rd, IMO. But hey, I have no biases towards any of them so I don't really care as long as they all play great! :thumbup:

FWIW: BD 17.8 in Brass tonight. Still high number...

Considering 4 days ago Crown and Bluuuu met head to head and the brass caption went like this:

Crown 8.80 and 8.60 ..... Bluuu 8.50 and 8.30

Tonight:

Bluuu 8.80 and 8.60 ...... Crown 8.60 and 8.50

Yes I would conclude that Crown either had an off night ......... or that Crown had an off night. I said nothing about Bluecoats score ..... but since you brought it up, that's a 1 pt swing in brass (roughly) in 4 days. I'm completely happy to see Bluuu's brass scores going up and reaching for Box 5 .... I'm scratching my head as to why Crowns scores would drop .3 in total after 4 days off.

Hence, I made the assumption ..... Crown must have had an off night. I would never dare call out a judge and say they were bonkers ....... that's like DCP suicide :P In the end, they called it like they saw it and I respect that.

Blu +.6 ... Crown - .3 head to head ...... what would you make of it?

I'm wondering what this does to bruckner's CI analysis ... Hehe

And I say that with respect

Something tells me he will be happy to have been proven wrong :-)

Considering 4 days ago Crown and Bluuuu met head to head and the brass caption went like this:

Crown 8.80 and 8.60 ..... Bluuu 8.50 and 8.30

Tonight:

Bluuu 8.80 and 8.60 ...... Crown 8.60 and 8.50

Yes I would conclude that Crown either had an off night ......... or that Crown had an off night. I said nothing about Bluecoats score ..... but since you brought it up, that's a 1 pt swing in brass (roughly) in 4 days. I'm completely happy to see Bluuu's brass scores going up and reaching for Box 5 .... I'm scratching my head as to why Crowns scores would drop .3 in total after 4 days off.

Hence, I made the assumption ..... Crown must have had an off night. I would never dare call out a judge and say they were bonkers ....... that's like DCP suicide :P In the end, they called it like they saw it and I respect that.

Blu +.6 ... Crown - .3 head to head ...... what would you make of it?

Option b:

Bluecoats had an "off night" 4 days ago...

Option b:

Bluecoats had an "off night" 4 days ago...

Excellent point ........

Maybe it's option C.

Bluuu was off 4 days ago and Crown was off tonight?