Special congratulations to Members and Staff of Forte D&BC!

It would be refreshing for a corps to come out and just do the job on the field without spin and have everyone buzzing about how awesome they are... Star '85 for instance.

Know anyone with Bill Cook-level seed money to help make that happen? :laughing:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200906230....org/staff.html

http://www.fortecorps.org/staff.htm

Different corps... Lol. It's probably even the same web host.

And now for the important point that shouldn't be missed... Nobody's talking about the show. We're talking about paperwork. Just do your thing, put it on the field, and keep it there. We will all love you for that. Promise.

Discussion isn't about money, it's about letting the work speak for itself before the hype. It's backwards in this case. Gold, for example hasn't posted squat, nor Impulse, nor BDB, and certainly not SCVC. And they're all having stellar seasons and are at the top of the open class.

And by the way. Star again for the best example of how to fold a corps. They were like, "bounce! And we out!"

Know anyone with Bill Cook-level seed money to help make that happen? :laughing:

Forte, congratulations on your opening performance. Is it where you wanted it to be? Heck, are they ever? I wish you all well and look forward to seeing you take the field in DeKalb. Have your line up of music loaded up in my iPod and can't wait to hear the live performance on the field.

The very best of the 2010 season,

Michael

What amazes me about this is the fact that anyone who has any clue what so ever would attack an organization for making sound business decisions and getting on the field. The hype is about the fact that they MADE IT ON THE FIELD. That is a huge task these days while other corps are folding up and going home. They deserve all the credit we can give them and hope they grow.

PS - Like my momma always said:

"If you can't say anything nice, shut the hell up"

Thanks to the folks who have shown support of this NEW CORPS.

Forte has NO MATERIALS from Memphis Sound - All equipment was purchased by Forte, with Forte funds, and everything Memphis Sound owns or had in the past is in the hands of MYPAA and their board.

Some key Forte staff came from Memphis Sound, and outside of a handful of key instructional staff, were all brought on by myself or other Texas staff members last year. These folks came in to the project last year, and when the contract was up for renewal, both parties decided to end the project to move to TX. Folks came to the project and left at the completion of the term.

Forte is fortunate to have veterans from several corps in our ranks this year. We have no members from the Memphis, TN area, and only one member who was from there in the past.

Forte is part of a brand new non-profit and has no connection to MYPAA.

Forte was evaluated as a NEW corps, not a re-emerging or change in location.

Forte's webpage is hosted on GoDaddy, no relation to the MYPAA webhosts which are in Memphis.

Yes, there has been lots of information and misinformation about Forte, and complications of trying to move an organization that didn't work out, and the ramifications of that does make the situation difficult to understand. A group of people were hired at Memphis Sound 2009 to move and rebrand the corps as a Texas Corps. That did not work out (various reasons, but it was a mutual decision of the Texas contingent and MYPAA). We aren't in the business of airing dirty laundry because it serves no purpose.

MYPAA is doing what they think is best in their business practices. OYAA is doing what we think is best in ours.

So while I am sure this will not end the discussion or pot-shots, Forte is in every legal sense, a new corps. DCI recognizes us as a new corps, and we passed our evaluation and are competing.

We are not bragging about scores. David was simply stating a fact about the first show. There is no hype machine. We are simply proud to have a corps on the field and are very proud of the 60 kids who chose Forte as their 2010 Drum corps. We are looking forward to our shows in Dallas and Denton this week.

Forte has NO MATERIALS from Memphis Sound - All equipment was purchased by Forte, with Forte funds, and everything Memphis Sound owns or had in the past is in the hands of MYPAA and their board.

Some key Forte staff came from Memphis Sound, and outside of a handful of key instructional staff, were all brought on by myself or other Texas staff members last year. These folks came in to the project last year, and when the contract was up for renewal, both parties decided to end the project to move to TX. Folks came to the project and left at the completion of the term.

Forte is fortunate to have veterans from several corps in our ranks this year. We have no members from the Memphis, TN area, and only one member who was from there in the past.

Forte is part of a brand new non-profit and has no connection to MYPAA.

Forte was evaluated as a NEW corps, not a re-emerging or change in location.

Forte's webpage is hosted on GoDaddy, no relation to the MYPAA webhosts which are in Memphis.

Yes, there has been lots of information and misinformation about Forte, and complications of trying to move an organization that didn't work out, and the ramifications of that does make the situation difficult to understand. A group of people were hired at Memphis Sound 2009 to move and rebrand the corps as a Texas Corps. That did not work out (various reasons, but it was a mutual decision of the Texas contingent and MYPAA). We aren't in the business of airing dirty laundry because it serves no purpose.

MYPAA is doing what they think is best in their business practices. OYAA is doing what we think is best in ours.

So while I am sure this will not end the discussion or pot-shots, Forte is in every legal sense, a new corps. DCI recognizes us as a new corps, and we passed our evaluation and are competing.

We are not bragging about scores. David was simply stating a fact about the first show. There is no hype machine. We are simply proud to have a corps on the field and are very proud of the 60 kids who chose Forte as their 2010 Drum corps. We are looking forward to our shows in Dallas and Denton this week.

...hey, Chris, congrats from one who knows how tough it is to get *it* off the ground. Dam shame you had to waste your time on a reply to unnecessary, and juvenile, criticism. March on, brother!

cg

There is no hype machine. We are simply proud to have a corps on the field and are very proud of the 60 kids who chose Forte as their 2010 Drum corps. We are looking forward to our shows in Dallas and Denton this week.

Chris, you got it right and going in the right direction while the others are only marking time! If folks want something to complain about maybe they should look in the mirror and ask themselves, "What have I done lately to further the activity?"

Keep up the good fight, brotha. We're behind ya!!

Michael

To some of the posters I must say thank you very much to for your congrats and words of support for our corps, members, staff, etc. And to the offer of the beer, a double thanky!

Mod's, for the benefit of those who understand neither law nor libel, and in order to protect the ignorant from themselves, please shut down this thread.

And again, congratulations to the members, staff, volunteers, supporters, parents and fans of Forte D&BC...I look forward to seeing you on the field of competition tonight in Dallas!