The Broken Arrow TeePee Sweat Lodge

I don't know if they surprised that many people. BD is consistantly good so that didn't surpise anyone. They are doing a lot of running, that isn't surprising. Their music is accessible to some, but not to many...that also isn't surprising IMO.

I thinks what I meant to say is that historically speaking.. coming out of a 3 year compete for the championship (missing a 3 peat by .025) that a down year or average year would be expected...not so in 2010. And again, you can use the terms "some" and "many" however you like of course, but it doesn't make it so.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thinks what I meant to say is that historically speaking.. coming out of a 3 year compete for the championship (missing a 3 peat by .025) that a down year or average year would be expected...not so in 2010. And again, you can use the terms "some" and "many" however you like of course, but it doesn't make it so.

Same with you. The only year in recent memory BD wasn't in title contention was 05 and I'm going back aways into the late 90s. Any smart drum corps fan would expect them to be near the top, like they are most every year.

Same with you. The only year in recent memory BD wasn't in title contention was 05 and I'm going back aways into the late 90s. Any smart drum corps fan would expect them to be near the top, like they are most every year.

touche'

touche'

I can see your point though. I'm not so surprised BD is near the top, rahter, that they are doing it in such dominating fashion, the very same fashion that happened for the last two years. Every corps has an exceptionally good season. But three in a row? That's impressive.

Here is a sampling of some "predictions" done early June:

BD won't place lower than 2nd.

Cadets won't be out of the top 4.

The Cavaliers won't be in the top 5.

crown

phantom

bd

scv

cavies

cadets

bluecoats

boston

madison

blue stars

blue knights

glassmen

Carolina Crown

Blue Devils

Cadets

Santa Clara Vanguard

Phantom Regiment

Cavaliers

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Madison

Blue Stars

Glassmen

Blue Knights

BD- anyone who bets against them any year is naive.

SCV- returns to elite status.

Cadets- difficult and dirty. again.

Bluecoats- another 06-like year.

Crown- it's a long way to the top if you want to rock n' roll.

Cavaliers- more turnover means the slide continues.

Crown- On their current course since 04, this should be their year

Cadets- If they continue in the same fan-friendly in your face drum corps show style from 09, theyll continue to be a favorite.

BD- just not enough adsurbity in this year's show to pick up 14.

SCV- (is the vanguard yell back this year?)

Blue Stars- Frank Sullivan taking over brass, and Aungst taking over percussion= continued improvement

Cavies-offseason changes mean a temporary drop for cavaliers

Crown

Santa Clara Vanguard

Blue Devils

Cadets

Phantom Regiment

Cavaliers (style change will confuse people at first)

What was that judge thinking? Thank God none of those kids were hurt! Cavaliers got a gift last night and they will not beat the Cadets the remainder of the year.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Wow, I didnt expect "sour grapes" from you Irving...

G

What was that judge thinking? Thank God none of those kids were hurt! Cavaliers got a gift last night and they will not beat the Cadets the remainder of the year.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

A gift ???? So, they were not out there working their tail ends off too ?????????????? Time to take the maroon colored glasses off.

I can see your point though. I'm not so surprised BD is near the top, rahter, that they are doing it in such dominating fashion, the very same fashion that happened for the last two years. Every corps has an exceptionally good season. But three in a row? That's impressive.

There...you said it better than me! And with less words! :laughing:

I'm a Blue Devils honk, so my opinion is from that perspective.

The Cavaliers have one of their best show designs ever IMHO. I think that's the only show out there that can beat BD.

Im with oyu,. I have no horse in this race, Cadfets vs Cavaliers.....Cavaliers are the bigger threat to Blue Devils, Should they stay ahead of Cadets, I will sweat a little more.....If Blue Devils lose, it wont be to the Cadets this year.

G