Bluecoats do you think the Cavies are a threat?

The "it's not a sprint" argument is great the first or second week in July, but we're quickly getting to the point where batting an eye will bring us to finals week. (and BTW I seriously doubt Coats will see a score plateau anytime soon)

The question makes me laugh because back when I marched never in a million years would I ever think I would see/hear this question.

But to answer your question - No.

The question makes me laugh because back when I marched never in a million years would I ever think I would see/hear this question.

But to answer your question - No.

I'm with you - just reading the title made me :laughing:

Mike

I think Bluecoats, Cavaliers, Cadets, and Crown could all be interchangeable come Finals. I believe they are all within tenths of a point of each other. We will learn more in the next series of shows. I wish all of them good luck. And who knows, one or two of these groups may challenge BD.

Also, keep in mind that late July is often when we see some shows fully develop and go to another level. Some shows level out, or the tweaks being made simply do not work as well. Every corps makes changes, every corps tweaks, but it's right around now that we can start to tell whether those edits are resulting in a better show, one with more scoring potential, or just resulting in changes and nothing more. The Cavaliers seem to be doing this well this summer. And the Cadets are still right in the mix, despite their performance yesterday. Crown is right there, as is BLOOOOO!

It will be fun to watch, as will the other dogfights for 6 - 8, 9 - 12, and on.

I think Bluecoats, Cavaliers, Cadets, and Crown could all be interchangeable come Finals. I believe they are all within tenths of a point of each other. We will learn more in the next series of shows. I wish all of them good luck. And who knows, one or two of these groups may challenge BD.

Also, keep in mind that late July is often when we see some shows fully develop and go to another level. Some shows level out, or the tweaks being made simply do not work as well. Every corps makes changes, every corps tweaks, but it's right around now that we can start to tell whether those edits are resulting in a better show, one with more scoring potential, or just resulting in changes and nothing more. The Cavaliers seem to be doing this well this summer. And the Cadets are still right in the mix, despite their performance yesterday. Crown is right there, as is BLOOOOO!

It will be fun to watch, as will the other dogfights for 6 - 8, 9 - 12, and on.

C'Mon Jonathan!! Get on board!!

GO BLLOOOOO!!!

My humble observation -- Bluecoats can stay ahead of Cavies and Cadets. Crown... not so sure.

Also, all of these corps need to be watching in their rearview mirror for... PHANTOM REGIMENT!!

C'Mon Jonathan!! Get on board!!

GO BLLOOOOO!!!

My humble observation -- Bluecoats can stay ahead of Cavies and Cadets. Crown... not so sure.

Also, all of these corps need to be watching in their rearview mirror for... PHANTOM REGIMENT!!

Hey Victor,

I'm on BOARD baby! Have to work bingo tonight actually, so I'm certainly on the caller's seat. But I do see a close race with those 4 corps. Crown will be tough as you mentioned, and Cadets and Cavaliers have outstanding shows. But yes, Bluecoats have a phenom of a show that could be 2nd, or 1st, come Finals.

Also, your point about Phantom was something I was saying earlier in the summer. I love their music, just love it. BUT after seeing them in Akron I am not certain they have the overall GE or show-cleanliness to challenge for top 3. Maybe top 5. But you are right, they could scare some people down the stretch.

Edited by jwillis35

I was fortunate enough to see Bluecoats new ending yesterday in Denton. The director mentioned that they may not throw it in for a few weeks. IMO it's kind of bland :/