The OFFICIAL Pro-G7 Thread

According to The Cavaliers Director voicing the Official position, 2 salient points stand out;

1) The Cavaliers have no intention of quitting DCI

(Not surprising since Don Warren was an original Founder!)

2) DCI needs changing

(Positive Point: This G7 issue just MIGHT be the kick in the pants DCI needs!)

Is there a place or link that can be provided that definitively states what the Official position of The Cavaliers is? It would make an interesting read.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a place or link that can be provided that definitively states what the Official position of The Cavaliers is? It would make an interesting read.

Go to cavaliers.org & Search "Headlines" for DeGrauwe's announcement.

ok.

Since when has ANY poster been intimidated enough by any other poster to not post on a thread?

Fact is this thread has been open long enough that it's evident there's not much love for the G7 here, regardless of whether or not thirdcoast is lurking, waiting to pounce.

Come on, G7 lovers (ex-Lance :tongue: ), grow a pair and post your love!

I also like what the G-7 wanted to accomplish... A sort of overhaul of the touring model and make more interactive show situations so that the people that they want to come to DCI have personal involvement with the corps and members so they understand what they get when marching a WC Corps... I also agree that the presentation was lacking and that the overall plan was too lopsided to gain any traction or muster support. I have yet to see any form of negotiation however, where the party that is looking for change asks for merely what they actually want... This way they can give up some ground and still make a deal... Hmmmmmm maybe that is what is happening right now... :tongue:

I also like what the G-7 wanted to accomplish... A sort of overhaul of the touring model and make more interactive show situations so that the people that they want to come to DCI have personal involvement with the corps and members so they understand what they get when marching a WC Corps... I also agree that the presentation was lacking and that the overall plan was too lopsided to gain any traction or muster support. I have yet to see any form of negotiation however, where the party that is looking for change asks for merely what they actually want... This way they can give up some ground and still make a deal... Hmmmmmm maybe that is what is happening right now... :tongue:

I don't think many will deny that there WERE points of merit in the proposal. But that doesn't bring back any love for them on my part. The overall tone of the proposal could be likened to a succubus..... 7 of them.

Edited by supersop