What happened to the scores?

It looks like most all corps dropped in scores. Just the top six stayed up. Even a couple dropped. from 6 to 23 everyone dropped except for a couple. What happened? Mass penalties?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's called spreading the score, aka numbers management, aka leaving room.

any time you have more than 4-5 World Class corps in one show, the "corps that perform earlier" tend to get dropped down a bit so the judges have more wiggle room to put in the appropriate spreads.

DO you guys think it would be different or better if we required the judges to wait until after the competition was over to give their number scores? They could fill out the sheets and write their comments, but actually have to wait until everyone performs to fill out their actual scores.

Man I say go back to the tick system, you can count those. But this just looked really bad. I don't remember this drastic of a change in years past. I am surprised no one brought this up yet.

Man I say go back to the tick system, you can count those. But this just looked really bad. I don't remember this drastic of a change in years past. I am surprised no one brought this up yet.

There are a few corps that have been stuck in the low 80's for about two or three weeks and have not made any movement...

Spirit has been stuck in the mid 70s for a long time. I have seen the show improve a lot. Now they drop again?

Spirit has been stuck in the mid 70s for a long time. I have seen the show improve a lot. Now they drop again?

This is the time of the season when the scores tend to flatten out generally. In the first few weeks, scores can go up almost one point per day. Then July comes around and there is an audible gasp as the judging community yet again realizes 1) finals are farther off than they realized and 2) the max score is still 100.