Showdown in SA-Town

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I was there and I was cheering because PR won and BD lost...sorry. I am not ashamed for feeling that way either.

If I'm to be honest, me too. It's not that I rooted for BD to lose, but I did root for them to NOT win. And I'm not ashamed of that either. I didn't think they deserved it in 2008. I didn't think they deserved it in 2009. And I won't think they deserve it in 2010. I was a big fan of "Winged Victory" and past BD shows, but I am not a fan of their current chop-shop style (stealing someone else's description.

Why is this crap always being said? This weak assumption that a corps loses (in this case BD) lost because they "Coasted" is just ridiculous.

They worked as hard as they could, and performed to their ability that night. The result is the based on a that evenings panels opinion.

Are you telling me that if BD rehearsed any differently that day that the result would have changed? That result was happening either way.

An extra 5 hours of rehearsal would have changed nothing.

Phantom put an entire new ending onto the field, one that rocked the audience and sent their GE scores through the roof.

BD countered with... an extra chord progression and a running drum major.

That is my definition of Coasting. BD writes a great show and locks it into place, allowing other corps to come up with last-minute additions that enable them to defeat them. It has nothing to do with rehearsal time, it has to do with an unwillingness to make last-minute drastic changes. (To be fair, most corps don't have the guts to do a radical update Finals week anymore.)

I hear there is going to be a really good drum show in San Antonio tonight.

In case anybody missed it, here is tonight's line-up again:

6:30 PM – Genesis - Edinburg, TX

6:47 PM – Revolution - San Antonio, TX

7:04 PM – Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

7:21 PM – Spirit - Atlanta, GA

7:38 PM Intermission (20 Min.)

7:58 PM – Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

8:15 PM – Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

8:32 PM – Colts - Dubuque, IA

8:49 PM – Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

9:06 PM Intermission (20 Min.)

9:26 PM – Bluecoats - Canton, OH

9:43 PM – The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

10:00 PM – The Cadets - Allentown, PA

10:17 PM – Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

10:34 PM Encore Performance - The Cadets

10:44 PM Awards Ceremony

Genesis. Nice on field warm up. Small guard, but understandable for their first year in comp. Pretty agressive opening. Percussion seems to be the strong point.some cool soloists and brass hits in the ballad. Visual seems to be their weakness but pretty cool jazz show.

Whew,glad BK isn't performing tonight. All the talk about them last night made me have to go get Burger King today. I don't even like Burger King!