Beast of the East!

Finally BAC got a number they deserved. Morale has been low to say the least. The kids have been very down. But tonights performance in front of their crowd hopefully picker their spirits up and a decent number helped. yes sometimes we do gava. Especially when you work your butt off and get an 85 like five times in a row. Hopefully with a little momentum they can blow one out tonight iin Allentown. Unfortunatley, I didn't get to see anyone other than Boston and Cadets last night. Volunteering at the show. But I must say (and this is my first viewing personal opinion) I was not impressed with Cadets at all. Maybe I'm missing it here but there seemed to be a lot of sameness throughout their show. I couldn't lock onto any sustained melodic presentation and their drumming was kind of meh. Not the playing, they are very good. what they were playing not so much. Their show came across to me as fragmented. Little bits of stuff here and ther. And for the Cadets to be marching the way they do at this time of year i was very surprised. They are usually killin it feet wise. Not tonight. There isn't one year that there wasn't something, usually many things, that I found in a Cadets show to make me react like "WOW, holy crap! did you see that, hear that?" I didn't find it in this performance.

Wished I could have seen everyone, especially Bluecoats. But from what I heard all corps did well and Bluecoats has everyone talking. I heard them and they sounded awsome.

Well all that being said...GO BOSTON. This looks to now be a tighter race and very best of luck to all. It has been a long crazy summer. Here's how I see it (with a couple of possible flip flops): Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Cadets, Crown, Phantom, Boston, Blue Stars, Santa Clara, Madison, Blue Knights, Glassmen. Based on nothing, just a guess...except for BD .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloooo was definitely ON last night, they were miles ahead of when I last saw them a month ago. That drumline is to die for. My only regret is that I was down low so I didn't get a chance to appreciate the drill.

I will savor it for one night then...lol

I hope we get a review soon from the show in Lawrence last night.

"Bueller ? "............................Bueller " ?.......... " Anyone " ?

I hope we get a review soon from the show in Lawrence last night.

"Bueller ? "............................Bueller " ?.......... " Anyone " ?

Good show last night. Kids work hard and the Music and drill were great. Corps i have seen live this year Boston, Cadets, Blue coats and Phantom. (IMO) There are all with in two points of each other. (IMO) The most improved Boston. Have a great day.

BD has a better product. Much better. Much, much better. That's all.

Visually, I quite agree.

Musically, not even close.

First time last night seeing any corps and enjoyed the top three very much. Big Bird enjoyed the ride up and back to Lawrence. Had to laugh when the final caption sheets were being passed around before the DM's were called out and scores announced. BAC scored 5 points less last year at their contest and their high for the season was, I believe, Semis with an 88. Too me, they look/sound like they can easily reach 91 with 92 an outside shot. Just have to avoid the recent roller coaster ride in the scoring department. Hopefully the instructors and section leaders will get the corps to keep the pedal to the floor these last five contests. You know the corps above them will be.

First time last night seeing any corps and enjoyed the top three very much. Big Bird enjoyed the ride up and back to Lawrence. Had to laugh when the final caption sheets were being passed around before the DM's were called out and scores announced. BAC scored 5 points less last year at their contest and their high for the season was, I believe, Semis with an 88. Too me, they look/sound like they can easily reach 91 with 92 an outside shot. Just have to avoid the recent roller coaster ride in the scoring department. Hopefully the instructors and section leaders will get the corps to keep the pedal to the floor these last five contests. You know the corps above them will be.

seems like all scores are higher this year... i could be wrong...i dont have lists upopn lits of history facts like alot of people on DCP. I know the lower end 10th -12th places are higher for sure.

Good luck to all.

. BAC scored 5 points less last year at their contest.

No, not accurate. Boston scored an 88.900 at this contest last year ( on July 31st.)

Boston scored a 89.350 last night. ( 4.5 tenths better than last year)

That said, this was a very good bump in score for them last night over the last few shows. Let's see what the final week brings for them.

Edited by BRASSO

Visually, I quite agree.

Musically, not even close.

All three have different sound. (imo) I would say.

Cadets Musically strong as past cadets corps. Fun

Blue coats Musically strong amp up. The best i have seen them.

Boston Musically beautiful raw power as well as the drill.

(IMO) I have seen on fan network all top 8 corps and a few live. If I had to pick both ends of the spectrum for creativity

BD (abstract)

Boston (Beautiful and captivating)