Beast of the East!

Those scores are from TWO years ago, ( 2008 )... this is the year 2010.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I didn't hear alot of it, I did hear enough to know I don't like synth's. I like amps for pits..marimbas vibraphone etc. But I don't think it is needed for anything els. Now synths...I find it odd that sounds are created when years ago if a similar sound happend naturally we get annoyed. Ala jets flying overhead at shows drowning out what a corps was playing. I heard some sounds last night that made little sense with the show being performed. Let's let the performers present the shows without PES's; Performance Enhancing Sounds. Let the electronic steroid era be over asap. I'm just sayin.

Although I didn't hear alot of it, I did hear enough to know I don't like synth's. I like amps for pits..marimbas vibraphone etc. But I don't think it is needed for anything els. Now synths...I find it odd that sounds are created when years ago if a similar sound happend naturally we get annoyed. Ala jets flying overhead at shows drowning out what a corps was playing. I heard some sounds last night that made little sense with the show being performed. Let's let the performers present the shows without PES's; Performance Enhancing Sounds. Let the electronic steroid era be over asap. I'm just sayin.

Agree. This poster however had no problem accepting the mic'ed solos of the Bluecoats. I have no problem wit mic'ed solos if done as tastefully as Bluecoats have this year. Also, Phantom Regiment could have used a mic'ed solo in my opinion in their closer, as he plays it deep in back of his Corps and it does not project as well as had it been mic'ed. But this is just my personal opinion here on the use of mic'ed solos. I'm actually ok with this change if done uobtrusively and it helps project the sound better to audiences and does not drown out other playing sections in the process.

Edited by BRASSO

I can't think of a more pleasant drum corp night than last night. Let's forget the 495 traffic. I've already plotted a new route for next year.

As I volunteered at the show, I only got to see the last 3 - Bluecoats, Cadets, and BAC. My wife and I had seen Bluecoats in June and did not like the show at all. As Bluecoats started last night, my wife went to get a hot dog for our 5-year-old, remembering the June show. When she got back, I told her she had missed something she should never have missed. Oh, well - the 5-year-old like the hot dog.

As for BAC - I'm a speechless alum. My voice gave out during the encore.

I can't think of a more pleasant drum corp night than last night. Let's forget the 495 traffic. I've already plotted a new route for next year.

As I volunteered at the show, I only got to see the last 3 - Bluecoats, Cadets, and BAC. My wife and I had seen Bluecoats in June and did not like the show at all. As Bluecoats started last night, my wife went to get a hot dog for our 5-year-old, remembering the June show. When she got back, I told her she had missed something she should never have missed. Oh, well - the 5-year-old like the hot dog.

As for BAC - I'm a speechless alum. My voice gave out during the encore.

I am right there with you. As a matter of fact I might have been right there with you. At the gate? It was a beautiful night in all respects. All corps did great. Boston was tremendous. Love Cali Dreamin. The only downer was the ridiculous traffic on I-495. That was a bit unusuall though.

I am right there with you. As a matter of fact I might have been right there with you. At the gate? It was a beautiful night in all respects. All corps did great. Boston was tremendous. Love Cali Dreamin. The only downer was the ridiculous traffic on I-495. That was a bit unusuall though.

Yes good night, I have added pic on facebook

Yup, we were at the gate. Isaac loved stamping people's hands. Next year, we will wind through Route 110 from Acton. Luckliy I did my undergrad in Lowell, so we could detour some of 495.

At the concert I'm conducting on Wednesday, we're opening with El Capitan - a little BAC tribute.

Awesome job, BAC, Tom, Mike, Melissa, Dave, Rich, and the whole crew!

Yes good night, I have added pic on facebook
Edited by DefenderAlum

TY!Are you BDF?

If so appreciate your work.

I was not able to make Mission Drums,but was able to see some on BDF.

TY!Are you BDF?

If so appreciate your work.

I was not able to make Mission Drums,but was able to see some on BDF.

:lookaround: OMG....I am so mad that I was not in Lawrence...I missed CONQUEST!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!

Edited by Liahona