Battle for 17th

We saw this happen when Academy was out west and were the top WC corps every evening. They jumped to an 80 and sat score wise in 12th for a bit. Once they got back into the competitive scene they dropped back down a bit. I'm betting the same happens to Surf. I say the corps that has the best shots at challenging for 17th would likely be Surf and Pacific Crest. Pac Crest is great this year and certainly are not getting the love like they should.

WP

Surf got that big number at a show where they were the only world class corps in the lineup. I wonder if they would have gotten the same score performing early at a big regional. I am anxious to see how they do when they rejoin the national tour in Alabama Thursday.

Just noticed that Surf made a big jump and now sit at 17th. Can they catche Crossmen? I haven't seen or heard much about thier show.

I think Pacific Crest has the best shot of 17th. Now that they're on tour, they should clean up nicely.

Surf had not beaten a single corps head to head this season, the spread with crossmen has been 4 to 5 points every time they have met.....Surf will be in the 20-22 range

It seems very strange to include Crossmen in the discussion of who may or may not be in Semifinals. I can't even remember when they missed semi's and I've been involved with this activity since the 70's.

It seems very strange to include Crossmen in the discussion of who may or may not be in Semifinals. I can't even remember when they missed semi's and I've been involved with this activity since the 70's.

1975-24th

1986-21st

My absolute favorite Crossmen of all-time was 1992 when they did "Songs for the Planet Earth". I can still remember that hornline peeling paint at Allentown. It is indelibly planted in my brain.

Surf had not beaten a single corps head to head this season, the spread with crossmen has been 4 to 5 points every time they have met.....Surf will be in the 20-22 range

There is no logic in this statement only you assuming. Might still happen, but the surf kids never quit. Meaning anything is possible.

There is no logic in this statement only you assuming. Might still happen, but the surf kids never quit. Meaning anything is possible.

what do you mean there is no logic? its all fact. Every single show that Surf has done this year on their first tour they came in last. Granted they did not have a show with Pioneer or Teal, but they have faced Crossmen (the corps currently in 17th) 5 times this year, and all 5 times the Crossmen has won and the spread has been 4.1-5.0 points. The Crossmen also have had the benefit of 5 more scored performances and 2 more weeks on the road than Surf, and since the title of this thread is "Battle for 17th" I would believe a direct comparison of head to head competition with the corps currently in 17th is the most logic this this board has seen all season.

I wish the surf kids luck and I always think they have an enjoyable show, but IMO 17th is out of reach for them.