Atlanta Regional Order

Random draw... LAME! :tongue: should have been a straight seeding from San Antonio. I don't often outright complain about the ways things are run, but I really think this is an unfair way to pick performance order for a major regional. Average over the whole season, seeded from last regional, most recent score, any of these would have been better options. Oh well, I'll be there cheering anyways. I hope something like this doesn't have the potential to impact the outcome of the show...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was outraged in 2007 when Academy and company got seeded according to their California scores, therefore I much be outraged about Surf's seeding.

They should go on first or second.

This is me being fair. ;)

Indeed, that was lame, as well as seeding them for qfinals based on the average scores they got at the regionals they were at, when everyone else was off the average of all the regionals they were at (when they missed none) which helped their seeding.

Perhaps other corps should try the "not touring so much" model.

It's not all about the tour, that plays a part, but like some have already said, maybe there should be a different way to get seeded into this show if you are not going to attend the first major regional of the year. This just seems too easy to get a good spot.

Edited by CT-Horn

Random draw... LAME! :tongue: should have been a straight seeding from San Antonio. I don't often outright complain about the ways things are run, but I really think this is an unfair way to pick performance order for a major regional. Average over the whole season, seeded from last regional, most recent score, any of these would have been better options. Oh well, I'll be there cheering anyways. I hope something like this doesn't have the potential to impact the outcome of the show...

It's reasonable because all of the lineups for non-Regional shows are usually randomly selected in groups of three from the previous season's results. Since San Antonio is the first Regional for Finals 2010, it makes sense to do the groups of three for Atlanta (and Allentown).

BKs time slot bites the big one!!!!!! Just awful!! They go on in the 12 spot.... Not good! Stupid way of seeding. Why have regionals and say they're so important if you are not going to see based off them! :satisfied:

Wes P

Edited by wesleyrp

I think Glassmen got a huge break as they are not only after intermission but also ahead of BK and Madison. Their closest competition (Academy, Troop, etc...) will have performed an hour and a half plus earlier.

I really don't think that Glassmen's closest competition is Academy and Troop, but really Madison and BK, and sadly we haven't seen Madison and G-men at the same competition in quite some time. The gap between BK and the G-men is starting to shrink. However, There have been some weird scores in the recaps on both sides.

I agree for SCV but Glassmen are going to going to be a bit of a let down coming on after Madison.

Just because your happy that Madison decided to unimaginative in bringing back old music doesn't mean you should approach the other corps that have deeper more thought provoking shows with your mind closed. Just because you may feel that a corps has been boring in past performances, doesn't mean you should run to the concession stand. You may be pleasantly surprised or ... not.

I personally think that this placement favors the G-men unlike having to perform before Intermission and Trooper for so many nights out west, and they were often in that order.