Lafayette Creole Cafe

when asked why they said 'band', my friend replied "the announcer has been calling them bands"

i am mortified. can we not get people that actually know about the activity to annou,nce at these events?

I know about the activity and the announcer is absolutely correct. Trumpets, tubas, guitars, electric pianos are all components of "bands".

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when asked why they said 'band', my friend replied "the announcer has been calling them bands"

i am mortified. can we not get people that actually know about the activity to annou,nce at these events?

Maybe some folks like their announcers at the show to know little to nothing about the activity :satisfied:

I know about the activity and the announcer is absolutely correct. Trumpets, tubas, guitars, electric pianos are all components of "bands".

I think you forgot: no build up point system, tympani being marched, piston rotary horns, high boots in the "Color Guard" and starting/stopping pistols.

Oh yeah, "Siboney" off the line....

There we go, anyone feeling 1970's again? :satisfied:

Edited by trumpetcam

from the show...."WOW. expletive. phantom. expletive"

i'm assuming that's good. lol.

LOL..let's hope! Guess they are too verklempt for the proper words to describe it!

from the show..."amazing. they win."

i think they liked it. lol.

yep,sounds like they may have! :satisfied:

I think you forgot: no build up point system, tympani being marched, piston rotary horns, high boots in the "Color Guard" and starting/stopping pistols.

Oh yeah, "Siboney" off the line....

There we go, anyone feeling 1970's again? :satisfied:

It was great actually marching in drum corps and winning trophies but I guess it can't hold a candle to "Mighty Falcons" marching bandos. I just think it's time we drop the "drum and bugle corps" name and simply call the activity "marching band " or "marching brass band". It's still entertaining but correct vocabulary matters. The announcer has done no wrong.

Both activities are/were/will be great in their own right. "Drum corps" would probably be a better description of indoor marching percussion since it only refers to "drums".

Edited by denverjohn

It was great actually marching in drum corps and winning trophies but I guess it can't hold a candle to "Mighty Falcons" marchings bandos.

Oh don't be so old and crotchety... Just havin' fun...

I miss old corps as well and still watch my old Whitewater tapes, back when when they used to record those. You know what I'm talking about.. :satisfied:

(BTW, just because I don't have my corps listed doesn't mean I haven't marched and won a few myself.... :blink:)

My high school was never very good anyways...