Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in from the show …

Didn’t stay for the scores, but saw on my I-phone on the way home …

I predicted a score of 95.30 for BD tonight … BD is visually stunning … and yes, it is very different in person. :worthy:

A friend described them best … “it’s like eating too much cake” … a sick felling after you’ve ate too many sweets …

There is just so much going on … and it’s too much … I personally got a headache from watching the show … and no kidding …

Ok, the last piece of their show, is it really “Channel 1 Suite” played backwards? :tongue:

To put it honestly, the Judging Community had become totally Jaded, but they found “Their New” in the Devils this year … It is so different from all the other corps …

They will go undefeated this season …

Cavies and Bluecoats will be fighting for 2nd … Love both productions … Both shows are my favorites for 2010 …

I’m really happy for both corps … :cool:

Crown … first part of their show is just incredible, then it just lays there a like a South Carolina CoonHound on a hot summer afternoon … Mahler is beautiful, but it just completely stalls the show … It’s almost like Crown’s staff was trying way too hard … as far as putting together their 2010 production …

Solidly in 4th place in Indy …

Ok, have to say this, who ever is coming up with Crown’s colors and uniforms needs to be taken out and beat with a stick!!! Something that came to mind … A heavy set woman in a trailer in the middle of no where say, “ I just love Velveteen.” That goes for the guard uniforms as well … :ph34r:

Crown deserves so much better!!!

Cadets show is just fun :tongue: … are they currently in the right spot? Yep … Some of the changes worked well for me, but others don’t … just a young corps … really don’t know at this point where the corps is going to end up …

SCV is a tough one … Bartok is a tough one … will have to watch again in Indy to appreciate … :shutup:

Regiment … beautiful show … bought tickets for a newbie family … and the oldest daughter wants to march Regiment now … I can see them pushing higher than their current spot …

Was surprised with Boston’s score … should have been higher … guard had some challenges with wind, but did well …

Music City made us local folks proud … as a 2nd year corps, doing great! :thumbup:

Ok, enough from me … sorry if I offended anyone … :tongue:

Thanks for the summary! Much appreciated.

I have no disrespect for you but if you heard them in 76 you'd understand...i like jazz, classical and everything between except 2 genres...

We may have a disconnect here...I am kidding about the stoner. I love this music...I love Coltrain, Parker, Ferguson, Monk, Baker and Davis. All geniuses, all another level. And I'm old enough to have heard them all live.

Since much of the Blue Devils' show is based on Stan Kenton's City of Glass album from the 1950s, I took a look at the album/CD reviews that have been posted on amazon.com. It's amazing how the range of comments matches those posted here earlier tonight during the discussion of the Blue Devils' performance. They include: a true gem, an acquired taste, Kenton pushing the limits of jazz, Kenton's worse, boring and pretentious, spooky but great music from a warped mind, and a true gem of American culture. So it seems like people either love or hate that old album, and the Blue Devils are getting much the same reaction.

Best comment of the night!!! I've gone through all the reactions you described above. This year's BD show is a show you HAVE to see In PERSON to begin to understand it fully, not just on fannetwork. I still don't like it as much on fannetwork. When I first saw it in rehearsals without mirrors/costumes, etc., I didn't understand the music, there weren't "hummable" tunes, I didn't like it. But, after seeing it repeatedly LIVE, I'm in love with it now. It's like great literature - you have to peel away the layers of its complexity to start to grasp its genius. And watch it from fairly CLOSE UP in person. You see those fantastic multiplying effects of the silver mirrors, the silver uniform sequins flashing in your eyes, the silver sidecapes and silver drums reflecting light. You see the effects of corps members in front of and behind mirrors creating the effect that the "images" are marching right out of the mirrors. BD's trying to achieve effects like "broken glass" falling on the field, the discordant music makes the audience "uncomfortable", powerful tensions in the music and show design wash over the audience and don't get resolved until those final chords at the end.

i was bored senseless by most all the corps tonight. (yes, all of them)

i'm not sure i like the direction DCI is going in anymore.

I cannot imagine posting on a forum specifically about an activity that bores you senseless..... but hey, maybe that's just me. :tongue:

I cannot imagine posting on a forum specifically about an activity that bores you senseless..... but hey, maybe that's just me. :tongue:

There was a love for it at a time...but each year it gets harder and harder to watch/listen.

I'm very confused now. Were you bored by MOST ALL of the corps tonight OR by

ALL of the corps tonight???

Please don't come on here at 1:39 AM and leave us wondering.

all of them bored me most of the time. there were a few highlights, but not as many as i'd like.

Just got in from the show …

Didn't stay for the scores, but saw on my I-phone on the way home …

I predicted a score of 95.30 for BD tonight … BD is visually stunning … and yes, it is very different in person. :ph34r:

A friend described them best … "it's like eating too much cake" … a sick felling after you've ate too many sweets …

There is just so much going on … and it's too much … I personally got a headache from watching the show … and no kidding …

Ok, the last piece of their show, is it really "Channel 1 Suite" played backwards? :tongue:

To put it honestly, the Judging Community had become totally Jaded, but they found "Their New" in the Devils this year … It is so different from all the other corps …

They will go undefeated this season …

Cavies and Bluecoats will be fighting for 2nd … Love both productions … Both shows are my favorites for 2010 …

I'm really happy for both corps … :thumbup:

Crown … first part of their show is just incredible, then it just lays there a like a South Carolina CoonHound on a hot summer afternoon … Mahler is beautiful, but it just completely stalls the show … It's almost like Crown's staff was trying way too hard … as far as putting together their 2010 production …

Solidly in 4th place in Indy …

Ok, have to say this, who ever is coming up with Crown's colors and uniforms needs to be taken out and beat with a stick!!! Something that came to mind … A heavy set woman in a trailer in the middle of no where say, " I just love Velveteen." That goes for the guard uniforms as well … :ph34r:

Crown deserves so much better!!!

Cadets show is just fun :worthy: … are they currently in the right spot? Yep … Some of the changes worked well for me, but others don't … just a young corps … really don't know at this point where the corps is going to end up …

SCV is a tough one … Bartok is a tough one … will have to watch again in Indy to appreciate … :tongue:

Regiment … beautiful show … bought tickets for a newbie family … and the oldest daughter wants to march Regiment now … I can see them pushing higher than their current spot …

Was surprised with Boston's score … should have been higher … guard had some challenges with wind, but did well …

Music City made us local folks proud … as a 2nd year corps, doing great! :shutup:

Ok, enough from me … sorry if I offended anyone … :tongue:

Nicely done...and quick! "South Carolina CoonHound" line had me in frickin' stitches at 12:30 at night :cool: ..no offense to CC.