West Chester

Still a week away but I am making plans. The last West Chester show I attended was in 1987. It was the night after Allentown and Cadets shaved a few more tenths from the undefeated SCV...a harbinger of things to come. Anyway, what is the parking situation there? Tailgate friendly?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get there early- if you are coming down from campus the traffic gets backed up pretty quickly and it can take a long time to get to south campus (and the buses usually come in this way also).

If you know the sneaky back ways to the stadium then you will probably be ok to arrive a little later. (I'm not posting the sneaky back ways- either you know them or you don't. lol)

Last year they had everyone park in the lots north of the stadium by the gym and put the corps buses/trucks in the larger lot on the south side of the stadium. The year before it was reversed. IMO, parking was better the year before when we could all park in the lower lot. Last year was a bit of a mess leaving.

Edited by kac

Get there early- if you are coming down from campus the traffic gets backed up pretty quickly and it can take a long time to get to south campus (and the buses usually come in this way also).

If you know the sneaky back ways to the stadium then you will probably be ok to arrive a little later. (I'm not posting the sneaky back ways- either you know them or you don't. lol)

Last year they had everyone park in the lots north of the stadium by the gym and put the corp buses/trucks in the larger lot on the south side of the stadium. The year before it was reversed. IMO, parking was better the year before when we could all park in the lower lot. Last year was a bit of a mess leaving.

"Get There EARLY":

By all means. The BEST way "In & Out" is 202-926, "High Street" to Farrell Stadium, then the reverse to get out. Park "Down the Hill", ('Lower Lot', if you can) far from the stadium. The walk is easy and you'll beat the rush. Was there this past week for Surf's clinic (Nice job, great new "Suits"). High School Drum majors clinic in progress at this time. :smile:

There is a lot of "Road Work" going on Rt 202, both directions near Paoli Pike. :ph34r:

Have a blast. :tongue:

Elphaba

Definately be eary or you will be late getting to parking and into the show. If you stay for the encore you can get out of there easy, if you want to leave with the crowd you will be sitting in your car.

I'm going to find out about the tailgate thing. I'm planning on bringing beers and a grill, but only if stadium policy allows it.

edit: "Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in parking lots, athletic facilities or other areas

on campus." That's the policy for football.....no charcoal grills either. I think I'll call them tomorrow to get the low-down on events.

Edited by jonnyboy

Definately be eary or you will be late getting to parking and into the show. If you stay for the encore you can get out of there easy, if you want to leave with the crowd you will be sitting in your car.

I'm going to find out about the tailgate thing. I'm planning on bringing beers and a grill, but only if stadium policy allows it.

edit: "Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in parking lots, athletic facilities or other areas

on campus." That's the policy for football.....no charcoal grills either. I think I'll call them tomorrow to get the low-down on events.

It's a dry campus. And that usually means for everything. I don't know yet... but I know someone who lives in the apartments across the street... I have many options open to me... since I live in town and live close to campus, lol.

And yes, traffic will be a pain. Unless you know the back roads in... but I'm not giving any info, lol.

it's gonna be weird not being on the field this year.

It's a dry campus. And that usually means for everything. I don't know yet... but I know someone who lives in the apartments across the street... I have many options open to me... since I live in town and live close to campus, lol.

And yes, traffic will be a pain. Unless you know the back roads in... but I'm not giving any info, lol.

it's gonna be weird not being on the field this year.

Like 'Ole Street Rd

:worthy:

:worthy:

I'm a student there. Across the street from the stadium there is a student apartment complex... Do NOT park in there. Those are reserved spots for the students that are housed in the apartments. We need 'em. I will be there myself to punish those that don't comply!

I'm a student there. Across the street from the stadium there is a student apartment complex... Do NOT park in there. Those are reserved spots for the students that are housed in the apartments. We need 'em. I will be there myself to punish those that don't comply!

There are more than enough spaces during Summer Session.

What are you going to do... beat your drums and call flashlight police to attention? :worthy:

There are more than enough spaces during Summer Session.

What are you going to do... beat your drums and call flashlight police to attention? :tongue:

Police attention? Yeah, that sounds about right

All of the state schools in PA do not allow alcohol on campus. PSU tailgating is not an exception as PSU is not a state school.