1. 1. do you like SCV 2010

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit that I have only seen SCV on Fan Network; however, I would not even attend the show if they were the headliner. This show is not my cup of tea. I miss the days when they performed "Miss Saigon," "Phantom of the Opera," the Russian Show, etc. I really dislike it when corps try to go too cerebral and turn off thave average (potential) corps enthusiast.

I will admit that I have only seen SCV on Fan Network; however, I would not even attend the show if they were the headliner. This show is not my cup of tea. I miss the days when they performed "Miss Saigon," "Phantom of the Opera," the Russian Show, etc. I really dislike it when corps try to go too cerebral and turn off thave average (potential) corps enthusiast.

I agree, dcion2.

If SCV is going to finish out of the top 4 or 5, at least have a show that the marchers will get a great response from the audience. Who wants to bust your tail, finish out of the top 4 or 5 ...AND.... be considered so boring with a large segment of the national audiences ?

SCV finished 8th in 2005 with " Russia : Revolution- Evolution 1917-1991".... crowds loved it.

SCV finished 6th in 1990 with " Carmen "..... crowds loved it.

SCV finished 7th in 1992 with " Fiddler on the Roof ".... crowds, likewise loved it.

There is nothing particularly enobling, nor enriching, imo for the design staff of the SCV to subject their Corps marchers to such a show design that scores low in relationship to expectations and in the meantime make too many of the national audiences decide to give nothing more than an apprecative golf clap for one's efforts. But that's just one poster's opinion and observation here too ,and I 'm sure others look at this differently, and that's cool as well, as honest and diverse opinions are what makes the world go 'round.

Edited by BRASSO