Bluecoats are for Real!

Which center snare? There's two of them. (I actually know which one.)

I actually agree with you (except for the electronincs, because I just hate electronics).

Their show still really just doesn't do anything for me, but I'm not allowed to voice my opinion for some reason because apparently I'm a buzz kill.

I know you know, so why r u even commenting? His mom calls him center, and I never argue with moms, lol. I just figured it was tradition to call the section leader "center", no matter the number. Oh well, I failed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the Houston and Atlanta APDs now, and I've gotta say I actually prefer Houston, where the electronics were more pronounced. That might just be the result of recording in a dome, but I think some of the effect of the show gets lost when the electronic voices are lost within the rest of the corps.

My only question at this point is whether there are any plans for a new ending. I thought they would have added something by Atlanta, but I didn't hear any changes. It's a little abrupt without throwing down right now. I'm hoping they've got something bombastic prepared for Indy.

I was just looking over the 2010 season so far...

Bluecoats

1st place - 15

2nd place - 10

3rd place - 1 (first show)

I would think that qualifies for a GREAT season already. Has the corps ever had that many first place finishes in a single season?

I'm thinking 2010 will be one for the record books. Most wins in a season, highest score in a season, and (hopefully) more honors to come.

Those are Hall of Fame stats in Canton. :tongue:

Edited by oldbandguy

I was just looking over the 2010 season so far...

Bluecoats

1st place - 15

2nd place - 10

3rd place - 1 (first show)

I would think that qualifies for a GREAT season already. Has the corps ever had that many first place finishes in a single season?

I'm thinking 2010 will be one for the record books. Most wins in a season, highest score in a season, and (hopefully) more honors to come.

Those are Hall of Fame stats in Canton. :tongue:

Probably not since they have been a Division 1/World Class corps. But in their Div. II days they had some great years where they won plenty of shows, so I am not sure if 15 wins is the most in a season. Actually, the first time I saw BLOOO was in 1979. A buddy of mine was going to march there the next season. We went to the old Innovations In Brass show in Canton, which at that time was a Div II show. Saw some great groups that night, and Bluecoats were special even then. We also got to see Phantom Regiment in exhibition, going on last. WOW, that was nice and my first really big live drum corps moment. I only saw 1978 Finals via the PBS telecast.

But from that moment on I became a big Bluecoats fan. No doubt, this season is special, but at the same time I like to say to people that they are doing what they always do. The Bluecoats always have great brass and drums. And typically they have had some amazing guards, but for some reason they ran into a few years where the guard was not at its best. This year they have that great guard once again. It just so happens that the show has come together just right and other than that I think they are doing what they have always done--perform the heck out of their shows. Give them the right product and you have a very dangerous drum corps.

Their 2007 group was like this, but just couldn't clean the feet. Had they had better marching and tweaked a few things with that Criminal show, I think they would have been 3rd that year too.

Edited by jwillis35

Another win tonight for Blue...16 this year!!! Also received their highest score EVER

With four shows left this season, currently three of the Bluecoats' five highest scores EVER have come this season, and we're not even to Finals Week.

Even if they DON'T re-break their personal record in Allentown on Saturday, they most likely will all three shows next week in Indy. If that happens, they would have their four (or five) all-time high scores -- and possibly seven of their top nine -- in this season alone.

:lookaround:

Edited by BlueR36