Bluecoats are for Real!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:smile::thumbup::music:

Here's a vote FOR all of the electronics. It's now part of DCI, just like twirling flags, grounded timpani, high velocity drills and MANY other changes that have taken place over the years.

For my money nobody is using the electronics as well as the Bluecoats are...and it makes their 2010 show (The Future Is Now) a much better show.

Go Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue :confused:

Off the top of my head....

Horn seargant (Baritone soloist)

Another baritone

1 tuba (a bunch more added to the list if you start at 07 instead of 06)

No mellos I don't believe

One trumpet?

Center Snare is from 07 i think

One in the pit?

Maybe one or two in the guard, but I think the oldest is from 07

Again...I could be wrong, my memory has faded...

Yeah, don't remind me...8 age outs this year. :smile:

5 yr vets:

2 lead baris (horn sergeant/soloist, other guy is bari/euph section leader)

1 contra (section leader)

1 drum major (trumpet 06-08, DM 09-10)

1 snare (center)

All aging out except snare.

Hope that clears it up.

Finally watched the ATL video from last night. I still have no idea what I'm supposed to be taking away from this show, but I don't care - it's great. The tuba feature is awesome and the charts make you bop your head whether you want to or not.

The tenors got kind of swallowed up by the dome, it seems, which is not a good sign for Indy (hopefully audio editing magic will help that on the DVD's), and it seems like the show is still lacking a bit of punch at the very end - it's a very abrupt transition to "ok, now we're finishing up" mode, and very short.

Even so, this is one of the most sophisticated programs they've put out, and I can totally see them keeping 2nd with it.

Mike

Oh yeah, and they do use electronics in the way that we were hoping corps would - innovative yet not overwhelming.

Oh yeah, and they do use electronics in the way that we were hoping corps would - innovative yet not overwhelming.

To me, the key is that the electronics are integrated. Too much of the usage today is still "now you shall all listen to my shiny new piano sample". Bluecoats are just awesome about the way they weave electronic colors and textures into the overall music ensemble.

5 yr vets:

1 snare (center)

Hope that clears it up.

Which center snare? There's two of them. (I actually know which one.)

Finally watched the ATL video from last night. I still have no idea what I'm supposed to be taking away from this show, but I don't care - it's great. The tuba feature is awesome and the charts make you bop your head whether you want to or not.

The tenors got kind of swallowed up by the dome, it seems, which is not a good sign for Indy (hopefully audio editing magic will help that on the DVD's), and it seems like the show is still lacking a bit of punch at the very end - it's a very abrupt transition to "ok, now we're finishing up" mode, and very short.

Even so, this is one of the most sophisticated programs they've put out, and I can totally see them keeping 2nd with it.

Mike

I actually agree with you (except for the electronincs, because I just hate electronics).

Their show still really just doesn't do anything for me, but I'm not allowed to voice my opinion for some reason because apparently I'm a buzz kill.

Their show still really just doesn't do anything for me, but I'm not allowed to voice my opinion for some reason because apparently I'm a buzz kill.

Quiet, you!

:smile:

That whole 2nd number doesn't get you going? I think it's great - the grooove just keeps going and going...

Mike

5 yr vets:

1 snare (center)

Hope that clears it up.

How many total age outs are there in the corps?

and it seems like the show is still lacking a bit of punch at the very end - it's a very abrupt transition to "ok, now we're finishing up" mode, and very short.

This is my only problem with the show...the end needs more punch. Honestly, I think this is the only thing that is holding this show back, but even now it's definitely my favorite show of the season!

The two are completely independent of each other.

"Six Words" is to Bluecoats like "SUTA" is to Phantom, or "Splooie" is to Cavies. It's something you will never know unless you march/have marched Bluecoats, or someone tells you that shouldn't.

His "Let's go Blooooooooo" is just an additional statement that has nothing to do with "Six Words".

Does that help?

It means "WE ARE BLUECOATS HEAR US ROAR" :smile: