Good Ol' Park and Bark

Lots of great ones already listed that I totally agree with.....BUT, there is (at least) one glaring exception! BD 1982, end of One More Time Chuck Corea!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Research from this thread alone is going to give me a heart attack at 18. Way to go, everyone! :tongue:

Research from this thread alone is going to give me a heart attack at 18. Way to go, everyone! :tongue:

the Madison 83 Strawberry Soup reference is the 2nd number of the show. Starts about 4 mins into the recording with a sop Duet ..... top guy ... the great Shaun Owen!!!! It was the concert number back then ... starts kinda slow and just keeps going and going and going and going and GOING!!! until your ears explode :tongue:

The 82 Garfield Cuban Overture ... the last 1:30 of that tune smokes bigtime!!!! HOLY MELLO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bwwaaaa haaaaa..... "flying babies"! Too funny...

Won't EVER forget Spirit live in '80...Georgia on my Mind starts off with awesome soloist then the rest of the corps "chimes in"...

WALL OF SOUND!!!!!!! OMG!!!! I swear I wet my pants...haha! :tongue:

also,

North Star 79, Ole!

Sky Ryders 83, La Virgin de la Macarena

BD 90, Pinball Wizard

VK 84, Centaurian Starfire

Suncoast 83, Aquarius

Madison '75

Spirit '80

BD '84

BD '92

Madison '95

BD '94

Madison '95

Cadets '95

BD '97

SCV '99

Cavaliers '03

Madison '08

SCV '08

Hope this works. Tried to span all the eras for this one. I'm open to learn more about any other great ones people know about.

Crown '09

It really does my heart good to see so much love for any part of my only Jr corps show....especially since 84 gets NO LOVE AT ALL from the BD organization...none.

How could it not Sam? La Fiesta is probably one of the coolest pieces BD ever put on the field. My ears were ringing for a long time after I first heard the recording.

I know I'm biased, but the end of Niner-Two in Colors of Jazz, Crossmen's '97 show. Guard's chucking their flags all over the place, and if you watch the video there's a staff member jumping up and down near the field, and basically going nuts. Best ending to a show ever, IMHO. (Although Phantom '89, '07, and '08 come dangerously close)

It really does my heart good to see so much love for any part of my only Jr corps show....especially since 84 gets NO LOVE AT ALL from the BD organization...none.

Wow, this really surprises me. 1984 BD was truly one of the best drum corps performances I have ever seen! The only flaw was that it was the same year as THE best drum corps I have ever seen 1984 Cadets. :) Honestly 1984 BD had it all. Every section was rockin', the program was fantastic and La Fiesta was an instant BD classic. I will give BD 1984 enough love to cover anyone else not giving it up!!!!!