Blue Devils in Fairfax

I finally got to see the show live and it really is the only way to get the whole experience. And by experience, I mean in a Jimi Hendrix low dose acid trip kinda experience. They are so good at everything they do. You just cant deny it. Wow.

By the by, BLUE STARS ROCKED IT!!!! Make top six BS! FCO!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got to see the show live and it really is the only way to get the whole experience. And by experience, I mean in a Jimi Hendrix low dose acid trip kinda experience. They are so good at everything they do. You just cant deny it. Wow.

By the by, BLUE STARS ROCKED IT!!!! Make top six BS! FCO!

Hmm, that probably would have been fun. Oh well, missed opportunities.

You're definitely right about the "so good at everything they do" part though. Immaculate performance and incredible energy at all times.

i got a little motion sick during their show but they are soooo good at everything they do. I can't hate too hard. :-D

I was there last night (very late). It was clear to me and three DCI neophytes that Blue Devils' performance level was top of the charts. It was not clear however that anyone in our party enjoyed watching the Blue Devils' show.

The whole thing looks like a big mess on the field, and the mirrors make this worse. Marching in the drill is infrequent and playing while performing challenging drill is even rarer. The guard unis made my head spin in a seasick kind of way, and the music choice is well, just not pleasant to hear most of the time.

I don't fault the kids (young adults) in any way. They pour their hearts into it and do it well. But, why do the designers give them this crazy unpleasant mess to contend with. I am all for innovation and variety, but this show amounts to performance art gone wrong and due to GE alone should not be in the top spot.

Coming after the entertaining music and breakneck drill of the Blue Stars made it all the more apparent to me that DCI risks a certain death if more designers and directors follow their lead.

Well, that only took 4 posts.

deadhorse.gif

Well, that only took 4 posts.

deadhorse.gif

LMAO. :smile:

I was there last night (very late). It was clear to me and three DCI neophytes that Blue Devils' performance level was top of the charts. It was not clear however that anyone in our party enjoyed watching the Blue Devils' show.

The whole thing looks like a big mess on the field, and the mirrors make this worse. Marching in the drill is infrequent and playing while performing challenging drill is even rarer. The guard unis made my head spin in a seasick kind of way, and the music choice is well, just not pleasant to hear most of the time.

I don't fault the kids (young adults) in any way. They pour their hearts into it and do it well. But, why do the designers give them this crazy unpleasant mess to contend with. I am all for innovation and variety, but this show amounts to performance art gone wrong and due to GE alone should not be in the top spot.

Coming after the entertaining music and breakneck drill of the Blue Stars made it all the more apparent to me that DCI risks a certain death if more designers and directors follow their lead.

:smile:

Normally it takes more than 3 personal posts to rev up to the Apocalypse.........epic! What are they giving these DCP rooks these days...DCIagra? Or perhaps they're being trained in caves in Afghanistan, given passports, airline tickets, non-BD souvie clothing and tickets on the 50 yard line!

Run for you life DCI.....Scott Chandler and Jay Murphy are coming! :thumbup: