Oh Those Loveable Cadets' Characters

Who would you rather have stabbed by Phantom Regiment's conductor with a giant spear?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have stabbed by Phantom Regiment's conductor with a giant spear?

• The pouty kid that can't get a girl 1991
    • The baton twirler 2004
    • The schoolgirl 2005
    • The Red Queen 2006
    • The Mad Hatter 2006
    • The moaner (singer) 2006
    • The kid that got beat up in HS but loved to play his trumpet 2007
    • Sarah 2008
    • Little Jeffery 2010

Here's what I want to know: What are each of the prior characters doing TODAY? Anyone wish to "give it a stab"?

The guy who could not get the girl was Jonathan Schwartz who was on the guard staff up until a few years ago. He is still involved in the WGI side of things.

MIKE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I want to know: What are each of the prior characters doing TODAY? Anyone wish to "give it a stab"?

Boo,

I thought you heard! The Trumpet Player (who got beaten up) from 07 became disenchanted with drum corps after that nasty business in California, finished college and took a job with BP. Some say he was a driven man....to get even! In fact, until recently, he was Tony Hayward's personal assistant and media advisor. "I want my life back".....that was his suggestion to Hayword. Rumour has it that he is working on a autobiography titled..."This (all of this) I believe is a big steaming pile!"

Also, Sarah...two words: Crack Whore!

I wish I had better news!

I wonder the same thing, not just with these Cadets characters, but in other shows where there is a characther that doesn't do anything but play the character like Carmen in the Madison show and the balloon girl in Glassmen's '08 show.

Really? I've only heard this show on CD, not seen it, but I appreciated that she pronounced the word "and" in "not only of sight and sound", while the 2005 introducer says "not only of sight 'n sound".

I don't mind people being articulate, but she needed to speak up. I Don'T neeD To hear every single D anD T pronounceD exTremely sharp To unDersTanD whaT you are saying.

Edited by UTtrumpetdude

I'll take a shot at the "where are they now"....

1991 - Schwartz...he did blast, taught...doesn't teach any longer I don't think. I think he's a butler (Seriously)

2004 - Dunno

2005 - Two of them were in the corps last summer (one still is....she was 14 in 2005....ages out in 2012)

2006 - Dunno for both of them

2007 - Aged out in 2009 (marched 04-07, 09)

2008 - Aged out

2010 - Marched with him at Bloo...I think he ages out this year? If not then next year.

So it is all in good fun to suggest that we impale characters from various Cadet's shows, a violent activity I don't necessarily endorse, but when it is suggested that one of them be drowned instead, it is frowned upon? What a curious set of values. :lookaround:

While I have met "Sarah" in many an AA/NA meeting and have been in motels where they found the trumpet kid blue in the bathroom, I will stand by my decision to "impale" Jeffy as he is an irritating distraction to hide base mediocraty.