Toughest Drill This Year?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Concerning DRILL, Cavaliers, Blue Stars, and Phantom have the highest difficulty.

Crown's drill is actually quite easy, but it's the combination of other various physical demands that make their show difficult.

I'll put on my flame suit before I say that

Having performed both types of visual show at very high levels for a number of years, the old school "run your *&^ off drill" is much, much more physically exhausting.

I think Phantom's drill is insanely hard.

And I think BD haters will be in full force on here in about 10 seconds.

Phantom's drill always LOOKS hard, but it's never really as difficult as they make it out to be. Remember 07 when they ran at the end? You'd think they were doing 2-to-5 but most of them were doing 6-to-5.

I'm not sure but it seems Blue Stars has some pretty intense drill this year.

They move quickly however they don't actually do too many difficult things. Their drill is flashy though so I can easily see where intense or entertaining might come into play. For difficulty I would have to say BD, Crown, Phantom, or Cadets. People like Boston and Bloooooo have moments where they do difficult things as well.

Phantom's drill always LOOKS hard, but it's never really as difficult as they make it out to be. Remember 07 when they ran at the end? You'd think they were doing 2-to-5 but most of them were doing 6-to-5.

Preach it brotha!

It was the same in 2008 :thumbup:

PS - Just a few weeks ago I watched a tuba player jazz run a 7-to-5. I've become a ninja at counting their steps between yardlines.

I'm not one to exaggerate about Phantom's visual program.

Their drill is hard this year.

I'm not saying it's great, IMO, but it's obviously very hard.

Did the OP really include 'Coats drill, I'm not hating just confused...Hornline(check), Drumline(check)...GE(check check)...drill...ummm righhhtttt. There drill is what could be their doom(and by doom I mean not challenging for 1st). They are already fairly clean and maxed out and where do they go from here...

Hornline Exposure of Crown, SCV and Phantom rank at the top this season making their shows extremely difficult to clean and perform. Cavies always a tough drill, but, they rarely seem to leave the hornline exposed.

Edited by Eric M. Buckman