You pick the winner

Should corps get money based on this award, or one like it? In the G7 World Series discussions above (but this post is not about the WS), it was noted that DCI distributes a portion of the collective income to individual corps based on their placement history--something which is determined by the judges. However, the enormous fan response for Madison at Allentown, where the judges ranked them 11th; the poll currently running on this forum, where Madison holds a commanding lead; and various historical results, like Madison's 1994-1999 victories in a fan poll; all show that --as if there was anyone who didn't know this-- the people buying tickets (or presumably Fan Network subscriptions) hold a rather different opinion than the judges. In publishing or filmmaking, everyone knows that the Pulitzer or Oscar winners are not necessarily the box office champs or bestsellers. Why should drum corps be different? If Madison wants to play to the gallery as the Britney Spears of drum corps (to borrow an example from BRASSO), why shouldn't they pull in the Britney Spears money? And let the Blue Devils be (insert name of esoteric but highly acclaimed popular music act of your choosing: Radiohead?), and enjoy merely the critical acclaim?

Sadly...you have to pay to vote...don't you? Pay to be a member of the FN?

I think they should do it like the weekly giveaways...each person vote based on their e-mail address...then each vote is free...

Sadly...you have to pay to vote...don't you? Pay to be a member of the FN?

I think they should do it like the weekly giveaways...each person vote based on their e-mail address...then each vote is free...

If that is the case..I agree.

I think everyone should get Fan Network. It's not THAT expensive when you consider what you pay everytime you go to Outback or fill up your car. I mean we are ALL drumcorps fans right?

Should corps get money based on this award, or one like it? In the G7 World Series discussions above (but this post is not about the WS), it was noted that DCI distributes a portion of the collective income to individual corps based on their placement history--something which is determined by the judges. However, the enormous fan response for Madison at Allentown, where the judges ranked them 11th; the poll currently running on this forum, where Madison holds a commanding lead; and various historical results, like Madison's 1994-1999 victories in a fan poll; all show that --as if there was anyone who didn't know this-- the people buying tickets (or presumably Fan Network subscriptions) hold a rather different opinion than the judges. In publishing or filmmaking, everyone knows that the Pulitzer or Oscar winners are not necessarily the box office champs or bestsellers. Why should drum corps be different? If Madison wants to play to the gallery as the Britney Spears of drum corps (to borrow an example from BRASSO), why shouldn't they pull in the Britney Spears money? And let the Blue Devils be (insert name of esoteric but highly acclaimed popular music act of your choosing: Radiohead?), and enjoy merely the critical acclaim?

True and all... but please don't misquote me that I consider the Madison Scouts the " Britney Spears of Drum Corps " however. Maybe the " 2010 Butler Univ. Men's College basketball team of Drum Corps " might work though.

Entertaining... fearless....the underdog.... and last year brought in more TV viewers to watch the 2010 NCAA Championship game vs. Duke Univ. than any team had done in many, many years. THEY are more like the 2010 Madison Scouts to me.

Edited by BRASSO

True and all -- but please don't misquote me that I consider the Madison Scouts the "Britney Spears of Drum Corps" however.

Yes, to be clear: BRASSO actually offered an analogy likening one aspect of the Blue Devils to Britney Spears. It was my idea that the Scouts were a better fit, because of their popular appeal.

Madison scouts and Spartans for me.

Madison scouts and Spartans for me.

Just a side note. Why aren't OPEN class corps on the fan network? :thumbup:

Just a side note. Why aren't OPEN class corps on the fan network? :thumbup:

They are. On the banner with the corps logos you click on to go to various corps' fan networks, on the far right, there is an arrow pointing right. Click on it. The banner will change to the Open Class logos.