Wouldn't DCI be better to switch the

They really should have it that the Corps that are not shown on the QuarterFinals Cinecast be made available on VOD. I don't think that would take much to just give a high cam POV for those corps and have as VOD.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes sense, but I wonder if DCI could use that 45 minutes to show something else in the theater. They could go the route of the classic countdown and show 2-3 shows from the past during that break. They could justify charging a higher price for showing all the corps plus the bonus historical performances.

During the 17 minute INT, I wish they would show longer, 2-3 min clips of the corps that are not being shown live, instead of the 30 seconds-1 min we get now. Anything would be better than a blue screen with a timer.

I'll be at the AMC 30 in Olathe, Kansas in just 3 hours or so and it should be a fun time. Both my kids will be there as well. My boy is a Scouts fan and my girl just likes watching Drum Corps especially since she marches both High School and our small parade corps.

They have it showing on two screens a general admission theatre and a Fork & Screen theatre. The Fork and Screen were pretty much sold out at $20.00 dollars a seat but there were still tickets for the general admission at $12.00 dollars a ticket. I swear I've paid $24.00 dollars or so in the past.

I'll be at the AMC 30 in Olathe, Kansas in just 3 hours or so and it should be a fun time. Both my kids will be there as well. My boy is a Scouts fan and my girl just likes watching Drum Corps especially since she marches both High School and our small parade corps.

They have it showing on two screens a general admission theatre and a Fork & Screen theatre. The Fork and Screen were pretty much sold out at $20.00 dollars a seat but there were still tickets for the general admission at $12.00 dollars a ticket. I swear I've paid $24.00 dollars or so in the past.

What is a "Fork & Screen" theatre? I've not heard that term before.

There is only one problem to this.

And it's BIG

Quarters is on a Thursday night in the summer, not a big night at the movies.

Semi's is on a Friday during the summer when new movies come out and everyone goes to the theater.

I don't think a lot of theaters will want to give up a theater for it.

There is only one problem to this.

And it's BIG

Quarters is on a Thursday night in the summer, not a big night at the movies.

Semi's is on a Friday during the summer when new movies come out and everyone goes to the theater.

I don't think a lot of theaters will want to give up a theater for it.

How much are tix for this event currently? $18.00? Does the theatre not make much off these events..because when you have places like Irvine Spectrum that will fill 1 1/2- 2 (400+ people) theatres that quite a bit of $$$. Limit the Locations to those that meet the Demand for Semi's..Larger Venues and pack em in..I think it definitely would fly.

Edited by Zeke

What is a "Fork & Screen" theatre? I've not heard that term before.

It's a theater that is set up with larger seats and a long table in front of the movie goers where they can eat dinner and order drinks. Waiters are constantly on the move. "dinner movie theater"

Edited by Kansan

This makes sense, but I wonder if DCI could use that 45 minutes to show something else in the theater. They could go the route of the classic countdown and show 2-3 shows from the past during that break. They could justify charging a higher price for showing all the corps plus the bonus historical performances.

It's a good idea, but if I recall correctly, when they first started cinecasting quarterfinals, they had a couple more corps on the schedule, but people came later anyway.

During the 17 minute INT, I wish they would show longer, 2-3 min clips of the corps that are not being shown live, instead of the 30 seconds-1 min we get now. Anything would be better than a blue screen with a timer.

Sure, or show an entire earlier show that got missed. But I think DCI uses the 17-minute INT as a selling point for theaters, because it might lead to concession sales. Put drum corps content on instead of a blue screen, and fewer concessions get sold.

How much are tix for this event currently? $18.00? Does the theatre not make much off these events..because when you have places like Irvine Spectrum that will fill 1 1/2- 2 (400+ people) theatres that quite a bit of $$$. Limit the Locations to those that meet the Demand for Semi's..Larger Venues and pack em in..I think it definitely would fly.

think about it - this is a 5 hour show for $18.

on a friday night they can run 2 first run blockbusters at $12-$15 per ticket depending on where you live.