Semi Finals Open Thread

Oh, to only have seen Madison and Phantom Regiment live this season ...

I feel the same. SCV to me is about aggression, drive, snap turns.....and in your face. Everything this show is not.

For an example see SCV 2004

Felt exactly the opposite last night. They were flat out flat tonight ..... out of sync and not slammin it like I witnessed 24 hours ago. It started shaky and never really locked in. It was still a solid run .. but not nearly as good as yesterday.

How can you not love PR. The rest are drum and bugle chorps. PR is a drum and brass choir corps. Perfectly crystal clear (warts and all). Its like Georges Szell directed a corps.

OK, Santa Clara, a huge mea culpa. Wish my seat in Erie hadn't been so crappy, because as I suspected, it really interfered with my appreciation of your show. It's amazing. Not just intellectually stimulating, but pretty engaging too.

Oh, Phantom Regiment, my husband and I both love you. What a wonderful program! Why is this guard scoring so low? I love them! :tongue:

I love the ending for PR....one of my favorites ever....makes my eyes well with tears.

How can you not love PR. The rest are drum and bugle chorps. PR is a drum and brass choir corps. Perfectly crystal clear (warts and all). Its like Georges Szell directed a corps.

Solti maybe....but yeah...

Felt exactly the opposite last night. They were flat out flat tonight ..... out of sync and not slammin it like I witnessed 24 hours ago. It started shaky and never really locked in. It was still a solid run .. but not nearly as good as yesterday.

That's probably a good sign for SCV. Whenever we fans think a Corps was flat, the judges think they were good and thus their scores go up ( haha! )