Semi Finals Open Thread

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm WHen you wish Upon a Star .......... I better hear that tonight!!!!!!!!

Patience.

If you feel this way then stop watching the activity. People have been saying it is all political since the 70's, but what it really is is just plain sour grapes. My dad a long time ago (70's) judged drum corps (he was a member of pacific coast judges assoc here in CA) and they (the judges) were getting criticized back then. BD has been scored above every corps this entire season. Are you suggesting that every single DCI judge is part of some larger plot to keep other corps down. If so, you are paranoid and should probably seek professional treatment. When some corps other than BD is the best, they will win. It's simple! Now stop your tears!

NO! :tongue:

Stepping on my "soapbox":

I marched drum corps 1979-1986; taught drum corps 1987/88; wrote/arranged for competitive marching bands 1986-2001 - and during that span the band I was with went undefeated in its class for 9 of those years; currently judge marching bands in four (4) circuits east of the Mississippi. So I think I can somewhat "qualify" my opinion.

While I will partially agree with you that BD has also stretched my imagination, unfortunately 2010 is NOT one of those years! The corps stretching the imagination this year are Carolina Crown (overall package); Cavaliers (overall package); Bluecoats (musically); SCV (visually); Blue Stars (mostly musically)

You can step back down off of your "soapbox". Your opinion still "qualifies" as biased and narrow-minded.

What are those Chalkboards? Star is going to put out a show that would win easily this year. Here is comes!

Their theme is going to be so complex that they will have to diagram it!

If you feel this way then stop watching the activity. People have been saying it is all political since the 70's, but what it really is is just plain sour grapes. My dad a long time ago (70's) judged drum corps (he was a member of pacific coast judges assoc here in CA) and they (the judges) were getting criticized back then. BD has been scored above every corps this entire season. Are you suggesting that every single DCI judge is part of some larger plot to keep other corps down. If so, you are paranoid and should probably seek professional treatment. When some corps other than BD is the best, they will win. It's simple! Now stop your tears!

Some valid points here, but no one can explain away how Lee Carlson gives BD's guard a perfect 20.0 at quarterfinals Thursday, and watching the show at the theatre, I saw two people drop equipment (both times guard placement was UP FRONT in BD's drill), and a dance sequence in the middle portion of their program that gave "segment phasing" (yes -- old term) new meaning!!

Carlson's score is a close second to Teddy Nicholeris giving Cadets drum line a perfect field perc. score in 87.

You can step back down off of your "soapbox". Your opinion still "qualifies" as biased and narrow-minded.

Wow......you really said this after those credentials. What a koolaid drinker. Hmmmm.....what is your take on today's DCI Judging community. Could they be biased and narrow minded :tongue: