Who will be on top?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be on top?

• Blue Devils
    • The Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cadets

Personally I don't care... I am just proud of the fact that The Cavaliers are in 2nd right now. If Blue Devils win ok what ever, not a bad show but not a great show like The Cavaliers or the rest of the top 5. This is just me wondering on ya'lls thoughts... Logically the most votes should be BD... but then again you never know what might happen... So please vote and leave your opinion on why... Thanks

Hook'em

Edited by Hook'emCavies

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who WILL be on top? I don't know...I'm neither a judge nor a psychic :tongue:

Who SHOULD be on top in my opinion?

The Cavaliers.

Look, I totally dig what BD is doing musically. Many people don't like this music because they don't understand it. When J.S. Bach died in 1750, people didn't understand his music, either...now look at him! I'm not comparing BD to the genius of Bach, but you get the idea.

Even though I appreciate what BD does musically, their visual to me is a joke. It seems as if they are playing chicken with the judges to see how little they can do, and still pull off first place.

Again--I'm all for their music. But the visual (and therefore, total package), to me, doesn't hold a candle to the corps I hope comes out on top...the gentlemen in green.

EDIT: And before G runs in here telling me I'm obnoxious for turning this into a BD war, how BD 2010 is the most difficult visual show in the history of the universe, blah blah blah, that is NOT my intention. I have all the respect in the world for every performer out there, from those whose seasons ended last night to those who will be performing a victory run tomorrow. I'm just stating my opinion.

Edited by Room_101

Who WILL be on top? I don't know...I'm neither a judge nor a psychic :tongue:

Who SHOULD be on top in my opinion?

The Cavaliers.

Look, I totally dig what BD is doing musically. Many people don't like this music because they don't understand it. When J.S. Bach died in 1750, people didn't understand his music, either...now look at him! I'm not comparing BD to the genius of Bach, but you get the idea.

Even though I appreciate what BD does musically, their visual to me is a joke. It seems as if they are playing chicken with the judges to see how little they can do, and still pull off first place.

Again--I'm all for their music. But the visual (and therefore, total package), to me, doesn't hold a candle to the corps I hope comes out on top...the gentlemen in green.

I should start a poll tomorrow sometime on "Who should be on top" Maybe things would be different in the polls. But thanks for the logical post! Seriously thanks!

Blue Devils, and to contrast the gentleman two posts above me, while I think the Cavies have a fine and impressive show this year (really enjoyed it), the Blue Devils have an insane package both musically and visually, have easily the most talented hornline, one of the most unique and exposed shows in a long time, and to top it all off, they're performing it at a level that I think is higher above the competition than the limited room at the top of score sheets allows for.

Edited by cjp87

...their visual to me is a joke. It seems as if they are playing chicken with the judges to see how little they can do, and still pull off first place.

I have all the respect in the world for every performer out there

:tongue:

Honestly after the seeing the performances and the scores tonight, I'm not 100% sure BD has this thing locked up anymore. I think BD will still win, but they only beat Cavies by 0.8 ..... and I saw and heard a significant amount of dirt in the Cavaliers..... and the Blue Devils seem about perfect. So I don't really see how BD can perform much better, while the Cavies could have a really "on" performance tomorrow and make it pretty close.

Having said that, if I were judging I would have BD up by 3-4 points over Cavies, but that's just me.... I'll leave it to the experts.

Yeah, I only got to see Quarters, but if BD is scoring a 98, I'd have 2nd place no higher than a 96. Of course, one caveat is that I'm awful at judging dirtiness of drums at that high a level. They all just seem great to me at that point (brass guy).

Sorry to displease you, BD alum.

:tongue:

Just imagine how what you said comes off to a member..."I Totally respect you and your ability, but your show was a total cop out, and you only won because your show was so screwed up the judges could find your mistakes."

Signed,

A PROUD BD Alum!

Blue Devils, and to contrast the gentleman two posts above me, while I think the Cavies have a fine and impressive show this year (really enjoyed it), the Blue Devils have an insane package both musically and visually, have easily the most talented hornline, one of the most unique and exposed shows in a long time, and to top it all off, they're performing it at a level that I think is higher above the competition than the limited room at the top of score sheets allows for.

I agree with this for the most part. I HATE the BD show this year, I just don't find it entertaining at all.

Saying that though, they should be the 2010 champions. No corps out there is performing better than they are right now, which is why they should win it. The Cavaliers show is much more enjoyable and fan friendly but if you seriously think that they are doing a better job of performing their show compared to the BD then you must be crazy. They are clean but BD is just cleaner, bottom line.

As much as I hate to say it, the judges are right in having BD in first. They are the best drum corps this season and deserve that medal unless something happens to them finals night.