Who will be on top?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be on top?

• Blue Devils
    • The Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cadets

I just got back from the show tonight. I have to be totally honest. If the Cavaliers or Bluecoats pulled off a miraculous win, it would be the biggest injustice in the history of DCI.

I love the Bluecoats, and also love the Cavaliers show. Both corps were excellent tonight, but they are not even in the same ball park. People who know me know that I would not say this if it were not true. There is NO WAY that any one of the 2 through 5 corps should be within 3 points of BD. What I am seeing and hearing is just amazing and frankly never been equaled as far as I am concerned.

I don't exactly agree with this. I feel that honestly BD doesn't have the best sounding horn line (my vote goes actually to Phantom). But really the only thing I see that BD has over everyone is visual. And I just remembered that The Cavaliers back in 01 marched a great show but with all honesty it was pretty dirty. The only way I see BD losing tonight is if The Cavaliers beat them in both GE and music. Also they have to get visual up a little bit higher than where they are at right now. Honestly I hope they really focus on cleaning up the drill today. The boys in green can do it just seems highly unlikely. Logically my vote goes to BD but as a fan of course it'll always be The Cavaliers.

Edited by Hook'emCavies

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't exactly agree with this. I feel that honestly BD doesn't have the best sounding horn line (my vote goes actually to Phantom). But really the only thing I see that BD has over everyone is visual. And I just remembered that The Cavaliers back in 01 marched a great show but with all honesty it was pretty dirty. The only way I see BD losing tonight is if The Cavaliers beat them in both GE and music. Also they have to get visual up a little bit higher than where they are at right now. Honestly I hope they really focus on cleaning up the drill today. The boys in green can do it just seems highly unlikely. Logically my vote goes to BD but as a fan of course it'll always be The Cavaliers.

What ?? :laughing: BD doesnt have the best sounding hornline? :lookaround: Over who, Cavaliers ??? :laughing: Try BD, Crown and 'coats sound much better than Cavaliers......The opening hits after the prerecorded "Mad world" are a mess. Reminiscent of the 1984 brass line. How many times have you seen these corps live to form this "opinion" ???

I think I will take Jons assesement overy yours..and really just about anyone elses. His honesty is felt through the monitor, every year.

G

Edited by GMichael1230

To balance that last post out, Cavies had some fantastic brass moments in the show, and while I don't think the brass is at the level of BD (and possibly Coats), to say it's anything less than great is a disservice I think.

WhHat ?? :laughing: BD doesnt have the best sounding hornline? :lookaround: Over who, Cavaliers ??? :laughing: Try BD, Crown and 'coats sound much better than Cavaliers......The opening hits after the prerecorded "Mad world" are a mess. Reminiscent of the 1984 brass line. How many time shave you seen these corps live to form this "opinion" ???

I think I will take Jons assesement overy yours..and really just about anyone elses. His honesty is felt through the monitor, every year.

G

Was that really necessary? I mean seriously? He never said Cavaliers have the best brass line, I believe he mentioned Phantom having it. Why did you feel this need to come on here and tear him down for an opinion that you yourself mis-quoted. Honestly, this is seriously getting ridiculous, you come on here almost daily, and try and degrade people because they have a different opinion than you. We are all allowed to think differently, we're not all robots. A little bit of grace and civility would be nice.

To balance that last post out, Cavies had some fantastic brass moments in the show, and while I don't think the brass is at the level of BD (and possibly Coats), to say it's anything less than great is a disservice I think.

Yes, for sure. I really think that their ballad portion, where they're playing "Mad World" is really well done, and "Smile" is a great piece that they're playing, and playing very well. And part of what could be causing some rough brass moments is the fact that they're doing insane drill at the same time. If they were standing still every time they're playing over quarter notes (Like a certain other corps I know), then there would be no excuse, but when you're running for your life in the drill, playing perfectly is kind of a challenge.

WhHat ?? :laughing: BD doesnt have the best sounding hornline? :lookaround: Over who, Cavaliers ??? :laughing: Try BD, Crown and 'coats sound much better than Cavaliers......The opening hits after the prerecorded "Mad world" are a mess. Reminiscent of the 1984 brass line. How many time shave you seen these corps live to form this "opinion" ???

G

Oh come on G, the '10 hornline is much better than the '84 hornline. Honestly, I think 'Coats and Crown have the best two brass lines. Phantom is up there too. BD is around this level.

Was that really necessary? I mean seriously? He never said Cavaliers have the best brass line, I believe he mentioned Phantom having it. Why did you feel this need to come on here and tear him down for an opinion that you yourself mis-quoted. Honestly, this is seriously getting ridiculous, you come on here almost daily, and try and degrade people because they have a different opinion than you. We are all allowed to think differently, we're not all robots. A little bit of grace and civility would be nice.

If you dont even see a show live how can you make an assesement like that ?? Thats the problem ..too many people speak in absolutions without ever taking part in the process. Yes, pretty much almost daily. Like you , so waht we arent allowed on here every day ? And we need permission to respond to what we want now ?? Will you write me a pass ??

Imagine being a food critic and never tasting the food ??

Its ok, I can see the frustration of all the folks praying that BD would have been beaten by now.

Have a great night.. I know I will.

G

Oh come on G, the '10 hornline is much better than the '84 hornline. Honestly, I think 'Coats and Crown have the best two brass lines. Phantom is up there too. BD is around this level.

now you of all people should be used to my "sharp tounge" ...of COURSE they are better thn the 84 line, although Don Juan was pretty darn good.....Its fun to see the predictable responses from the same predictable people. Round and round and round we go.

G

If you dont even see a show live how can you make an assesement like that ?? Thats the problem ..too many people speak in absolutions without ever taking part in the process. Yes, pretty much almost daily. Like you , so waht we arent allowed on here every day ? And we need permission to respond to what we want now ?? Will you write me a pass ??

Imagine being a food critic and never tasting the food ??

Its ok, I can see the frustration of all the folks praying that BD would have been beaten by now.

Have a great night.. I know I will.

G

I think his beef is with the fact that it seems as if you didn't even read the entire post you were responding to. You saw someone saying BD isn't the best and went off. In your reply you imply that they believed the Cavies hornline was superior to BDs. At no point did they say that (their vote went to Phantom).

That said, anyone who didn't vote BD in this poll either isn't paying attention, or is letting their emotions get in the way of rational thought. There is no chance anyone but BD takes it tonight.

None.

Zero.

As in less than not-zero.

They don't have my favorite show either, but come on people.