The Official DCI Finals Lounge

This is the electronic age and all the corps have websites. BD has a forum. Why not start there expressing thoughts on the show. Start a dialogue. Who knows what both sides might learn....just an idealistic thought from someone who is usually a pessimist.

While I don't agree with booing or anything, I'll point out that this doesn't really work. There is little chance they will pay any heed to criticism that isn't positive.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all the performers tonight! What a wonderful season, you all should be very proud of yourselves!

(now on to football!!!!!!!!!!!)

Given the diversity & execution of several Corps shows, I was more than a little surprised that BD won the Visual and GE Caption awards. And without PRs Percussion award...nevertheless -

4 Caption Awards, a 2nd consecutive undefeated Season, and a 14th Championship!

CONGRATULATIONS BLUE DEVILS! You are definitely Hall Of Fame members! :smile:

But as we Chicago Cubs/Cavaliers fans say, "WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!"

AMEN!

To "boo the design" is to tell a lot of hardworking, talented young people that they chose to waste a year of their life. I spend a lot of my days teaching kids that QUALITY and PREFERENCE are two different things. Of everyone on here B&M'ing, not a one of you HAD to watch a show. Don't like BD? Don't buy their stuff...don't buy tix for shows they are in...don't pay money to watch a webcast that they are on. If enough people don't like them that way they will fold financially and they'll be out of your hair. But DON'T you dare boo these great kids who joined up for an artistic leap you don't like.

Better yet...go find some corps you do like and go work your ### off for them. You'll be too busy to complain then.

Thank you mam, may I have another beating ?

:smile::doh::shutup:

I think everyone has been pretty clear this year that it's not about BD winning

It's not about BD winning, it's about rude jerks over exaggerating the fact that they personally don't like a show design and feeling the need to "voice" their displeasure in the most childish way. When a five-year-old doesn't get what they want, they throw a little baby temper tantrum. Adults shouldn't stoop to the same levels as a bratty child

being able to "crank 2010 BD in the car" is a completely meaningless way to determine the validity of a show. :smile:

I for one will be cranking BD 2010 in my car this year.

Quick note to the mods out there, too. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting in tonight. Some of the nastiest comments are being deleted as quickly as they are posted. Kudos!

being able to "crank 2010 BD in the car" is a completely meaningless way to determine the validity of a show. :smile:

Why?

This is a subjective activity. If his opinion is that the music from the show isn't worth listening to, then he is welcome to that opinion and the conclusion he reaches because of it.

However, she DOES have a say so. If she ( along with many others) keep funding the direction her corps takes does she not bare some responsibility ? I had a say so when I started marching back in 1970. If I didn't like the direction my corps was heading in I changed corps. Seems like basic economics........but DCI by large likes to hide behind kids

No, I do not boo, but I support anyones right to do so. I happened to love BD's show this year but I do understand why so many don't. .

Responsibility?!?! A ticket buying spectator has the right to see the shows that they paid for, not to act like spoiled children and create an embarrassing scene.