DCI 2011

With the 2011 season right around the corner, I figure it's a good time to start the good ol' Predictions thread. My guess:

1) Cavaliers - after coming close this year certain staff members who left will be chomping at the bit to return and "drag" the corps back to Championship form

2) Blue Devils - after going undefeated until the last regional of the season, they'll finally go down to Cavaliers. BD will put up a fight and stay at second, but not quite obtain a 3 peat

3) Crown - they'll bounce back a bit, but it won't be good enough to put them in 2009 form

4) Cadets - They'll change things up again, but it won't be enough to medal. However, in time this will be the year/show that 'rights the ship' competitively and they'll be back strong and contend in 2012

5) Bluecoats - Another great show from Coats, but with the surge of talent at the top it will prove too difficult to maintain Top 3. They'll be the crowd favorites, though

6) SCV - their brass and percussion will improve a bit and push the corps back to Top 6

7) Madison Scouts - the next step in 'rebuilding' will see a nice leap for Madison. The design staff will play it a little safe again design wise (latin jazz) and the difficulty will be kicked up a few notches. They'll be poised to jump to Top 5 in 2012

8) Phantom Regiment - PR will suffer a set back in visual, and their percussion won't be enough to keep them in Top 6 (and with the low seed the percussion will drop to "only" 3rd place).

9) Blue Stars - it's getting crowded at the top but Blue Stars will do the same 'formula' as the last few years. It'll be good but not good enough.

10) Blue Knights - will move back to a more themed show (but no "Knight" show) and will "disappoint" all of those who loved their simple approach. The visual design will improve and will help them move up a spot from the previous year.

11) Colts - Welcome back to finals, Colts! They'll add a big-name staffer this year and whatever caption he runs will be enough to bump Colts into Finals. They'll have some sub-par captions, but their strengths will out weigh their weaknesses.

12) Boston Crusaders - A radical design departure will knock BAC down a bit, but they'll scramble in August and squeak into Finals.

I guess the only thing left to add is, "Is it June yet?!?!" :smile:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. BD

2. Cavaliers

3. Cadets

4. Bluecoats

5. SCV

6. Crown

7. Madison

8. Boston

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Blue Knights

12. Academy

With the 2011 season right around the corner, I figure it's a good time to start the good ol' Predictions thread. My guess:

1) Cavaliers - after coming close this year certain staff members who left will be chomping at the bit to return and "drag" the corps back to Championship form

2) Blue Devils - after going undefeated until the last regional of the season, they'll finally go down to Cavaliers. BD will put up a fight and stay at second, but not quite obtain a 3 peat

3) Crown - they'll bounce back a bit, but it won't be good enough to put them in 2009 form

4) Cadets - They'll change things up again, but it won't be enough to medal. However, in time this will be the year/show that 'rights the ship' competitively and they'll be back strong and contend in 2012

5) Bluecoats - Another great show from Coats, but with the surge of talent at the top it will prove too difficult to maintain Top 3. They'll be the crowd favorites, though

6) SCV - their brass and percussion will improve a bit and push the corps back to Top 6

7) Madison Scouts - the next step in 'rebuilding' will see a nice leap for Madison. The design staff will play it a little safe again design wise (latin jazz) and the difficulty will be kicked up a few notches. They'll be poised to jump to Top 5 in 2012

8) Phantom Regiment - PR will suffer a set back in visual, and their percussion won't be enough to keep them in Top 6 (and with the low seed the percussion will drop to "only" 3rd place).

9) Blue Stars - it's getting crowded at the top but Blue Stars will do the same 'formula' as the last few years. It'll be good but not good enough.

10) Blue Knights - will move back to a more themed show (but no "Knight" show) and will "disappoint" all of those who loved their simple approach. The visual design will improve and will help them move up a spot from the previous year.

11) Colts - Welcome back to finals, Colts! They'll add a big-name staffer this year and whatever caption he runs will be enough to bump Colts into Finals. They'll have some sub-par captions, but their strengths will out weigh their weaknesses.

12) Boston Crusaders - A radical design departure will knock BAC down a bit, but they'll scramble in August and squeak into Finals.

:doh:

I saw the title of this thread and was confused, I thought there was not going to be a DCI next year??....???.... :smile:

I think it's great that we have such diversity of opinion on DCP. I wouldn't in a million years think we'd have a DCP poster already that ( for example ) predicts that the Colts will finish ahead of the Boston Crusaders , Glassmen, and the next year. But this is why off season predictions can be so much fun. Plus, nobody predicted the Bluecoats would finish 3rd, so it's possible that the Colts could beat Boston Crusaders ,Glassmen, next season. Who knows, maybe even the Colts will get beat by Academy or Spirit...nobody knows.

Edited by BRASSO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

+1 CONTRIBUTION!!!

1. Bluecoats

2. Carolina Crown

3. Cadets

4. Blue Devils

5. Cavaliers

6. Santa Clara Vanguard